route

harrry

In the book they (Fogg and his servant do not go direct from London to Suez. He went by train to I think Dover then by Ferry to Calais then by varying trains through to Italy thence by steamer to Suez and then Aden.

This is about 12 flights changees and hence flights for this first part of the journey and probably about 50 more for the whole trip.

I presume we only have to make flights to places named in the book as Bradshaw railway guides are rather scarse for this period.

or am I reading this wrong and we have to just make a mad dash direct to about 6 enpoints to complete the whole  journey.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I’m making all the stops listed, but My Route is hopefully as close to the original as it can be, including flying south from Calcutta to Kuala Lumpur and up through Vietnam and China. The Pacific route from japan is troublesome as is the New York/London leg,though throwing out the seats and baggage across the Atlantic may gain me a few extra miles. :) 

Aloha!

Try to avoid long stages across water also...and the result from Cairo to Hongkong is a long diversion. And I'm expecting a similar route from HK via Yokohama along the Bering Sea to Alaska and further on to San Franciso. Not to forget the last step via Greenland...

https://imgur.com/GZpMtFY

safe landings

Lem

Aloha!

This "little red Corvette" has an oxygen system for some hops over some critical mountains. This flyer has a climb rate of about 2000 fpm to escape...

Most of the flight I will do VFR and the route is more an orientation. So I will avoid upcoming obstacles.

When I have to sleep a bit ( live...) then I will switch to GPS flying a safe track or will find my planned airport stop before :)

When doing VFR and enjoying the scenery I think about streaming live on my YT channel...more or less with some comments...bought a micro last week like a professional streamer :D

Check the logo on the shirt ^^

https://imgur.com/WMKcypq

safe landings

Lem

Archived