Jo Norway sceneries and ORBX

MartinM

Hi

I got P3D V4 and FTX Global, no Vector and ORBX Norway installed. The sceneries of Jo are so nice, but it drives me nuts with all the elevation issues I am getting. Am I getting all these elevation issues with Aerosoft airports just because of FTX Global or is it because of P3D V4? If it is OBRX, then I will kick them out of my drive, if this fixes the issue.

Any idea?

• Deputy Sheriffs

The sceneries work well together.

Please post separate topics for your scenerys describing your issues and add screenshots. I think we can help you. This general post is not helpful.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

As the problem is wide spread, the post is certainly helpful. Maybe someone already did experiment around the topic.

Meanhwile I did it myself.

I removed FTX Global and FTX EU Norway.

I changed the configuration of my airports and uncheck "FTX Installed"

Vaeroy, Svolvaer, La Palma, Alta, Oslo is now OK, while Narvik from ORBX is is now not displaying. But the reason is clear. FTX EU NO is now missing.

Yesterday, La Palma Prof was released. Will test this scenery now with FTX again. If this fixes the issue, I will be looking forward to get the Vaeroy/Svolvaer/Tromso/Alta Prof too, which will fix the elevation issues

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you choose the correct library insertion point in FTX Central? It is mandatory that all 3rd party addons need to be above all other Orbx entries. If you do not set the library insertion point in FTX Central all of Orbx will always be put on top on each start of the simulator.

And btw. FTX Global has zero influence on the elevation as it only replaces textures.

vor 3 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Did you choose the correct library insertion point in FTX Central? It is mandatory that all 3rd party addons need to be above all other Orbx entries. If you do not set the library insertion point in FTX Central all of Orbx will always be put on top on each start of the simulator.

And btw. FTX Global has zero influence on the elevation as it only replaces textures.

Maybe not. Could you show me your scenery library from in-game?

I've had the same problems, two measures did fix them:

1.) as said above: install a non-orbx scenery, normally it will be at the top of the scenery library. Now open FTX Central and configure it, so that all ORBX scenery is under the topmost (just installed) non-ORBX-scenery; don't forget to save. Now every new scenery will be installed above the ORBX stuff and FTX Central will never rearrange the order.

2.) Use Auto-AEC in the Vector-Configuration tool after every new installed scenery (but if you don't use FTX Vector this has nothing to with your problem)

Greetings from Munich

Alexander

Vor 1 Stunde, McAlex sagte:

I've had the same problems, two measures did fix them:

1.) as said above: install a non-orbx scenery, normally it will be at the top of the scenery library. Now open FTX Central and configure it, so that all ORBX scenery is under the topmost (just installed) non-ORBX-scenery; don't forget to save. Now every new scenery will be installed above the ORBX stuff and FTX Central will never rearrange the order.

2.) Use Auto-AEC in the Vector-Configuration tool after every new installed scenery (but if you don't use FTX Vector this has nothing to with your problem)

Greetings from Munich

Alexander

To 2: The tool comes with FTX Vector. Don't have this

To 1: As screenshot would help.

Actually FTX Central places the scenries always at the top of the Sceneries, except "add-ons" when viewed in game. For the scenery.cfg this means, thats ORBX is at the end of the file.

• Deputy Sheriffs
17 minutes ago, MartinM said:

Actually FTX Central places the scenries always at the top of the Sceneries, except "add-ons" when viewed in game. For the scenery.cfg this means, thats ORBX is at the end of the file.

This of course only happens if you do not configure the Library Insertion Points correctly. 

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have all of my own add-on on top of the library, with UUEE as the latest item (they are all ordered alphabetically according their ICAO code). 

After UUEE FTX Central placed all the Orbx stuff and after that all the scenery stuff follow.

Ok. Hope I understood you right. In-Sim the sequence would look like this

Prio 1 ... x  Custom Airports

Prio y ... z ORBX

Bathymetry (P3D default scenery start)

So in my case, I would take Aerosoft LSZH 2.0 as insert point, as this is my first installed custom airport.

Right now for me in-sim looks like this

FSDG- Reunion add-on.xml (Not shown in scenery.cfg)

FSDG-Ayers Rock add-on.xml (Not shown in scenery.cfg)

ORBX

Custom Airports

Bathymetry

Did I understand this now correctly?

• Deputy Sheriffs
21 minutes ago, MartinM said:

So in my case, I would take Aerosoft LSZH 2.0 as insert point, as this is my first installed custom airport.

No, what ever your last custom airport is should be the insertion point for FTX.

vor 3 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

No, what ever your last custom airport is should be the insertion point for FTX.

Sorry. I don't get it.

Paste your scenery.cfg or a screenshot of P3D V4 scenery library from in game, please

• Deputy Sheriffs

Prio 1-48 are all my current custom airports.

UUEE (48) is set as insertion point within FTX Central, so all the Orbx stuff will be sorted below UUEE automatically by FTX Central.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To make it a bit simpler, choose "Eglin" (default airport) as library insertion point and you should be good to go. But this also described in the documentation of the Orbx products.

Archived