Updating CRJ forum section?

From what I can see:

• "Current version" requires updating:
  • "Buglist" IMO could stand some additions like (L)NAV issues and performance drop after v1.0.0.5c:

What I'd like to enquire about is:

What was the reason to build and to distribute a completely new full installer for v1.0.1.1? As far as I can see from the changelog the main issues - CTDs, (L)NAV and performance drop - have not yet been resolved, so updating via a new installer seems to require some effort from current users - complete CRJ uninstall, downloading another 1 GB exe, a reinstall, reconfiguration, re-adding extra liveries ...

Really wondering whether interim updates shouldn't rather be published as hotfixes via the forum, as had been announced before?

• Developer

I'm not aware of any CTDs that are left. The two cases in where P3D crashes on loading the CRJ is not an issue with the gauge files, the code is not executed until the aircraft loaded completely (except textures) and the screen shows. It's more likely that something can not be loaded for some reason. Same with the performance issues. It's just a handful of people who have these and it's somewhere between extremely hard and plain impossible to find out why they have them.

Regarding the LNAV issues: yes, I would have liked to see this fixed first too. Unfortunately production capacities had to be booked weeks ahead of time and once that happened, the date was set.

9 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

(...) Same with the performance issues. It's just a handful of people who have these and it's somewhere between extremely hard and plain impossible to find out why they have them. (...)

It looks like performance has improved again for me with v1.0.1.1. (FSX-SE) Whatever you did between v1.0.0.5 and v1.0.1 ... try to avoid it by all available means for future versions. Rather keep doing what you did for v1.0.1.1 ...   :P

Archived