gazoeller, Andras Meridian VA

gazoeller

Dear all,

as a member of the previously, successfully concluded Aerosoft Round The World Tour 2015

Please login to display this image.

I feel compelled to participate also in this second challenge to orbit mother earth. :)

In parallel I'm participating in the given time frame for this tour at an air race across the US states performed by my VA Andras Meridian Airlines using a Piper PA 24 Comanche . Therefore I don't have the time necessary to fly this tour Around the World in Eighty Days in an adequate historic but also slower airplane which I assume would be e.g. the Messerschmitt Bf 108 B. However, I will use the CRJ 700/900 X which I received as a generous compliment by Aerosoft (thanks s again Mathijs!) for finishing the Aerosoft Round The World Tour 2015.

I will fly this plane in the specific livery below which was provided on occasion of the conclusion of that event. Perhaps at the end of this new tour we could add an additional logo "... and in 80 days!".;)

I'm still using FSX in conjunction with AS16 for real weather support.

Please expect my flight plan soon at this location, so far I didn't work on it.

Your flightsim fellow

Gernot

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did some rough planning on my legs for this tour around the world.The SkyVector map is centered at the starting and finish location London Heathrow Airport.

As already mentioned I want to fly the CRJ 900.

I intend to fly real time, real weather in front of the screen, as we did on the previously ending Aerosoft Worldtour 2015.

The stopover destinations have been selected in such a way that the duration of the various legs will be about one hour, max. two hrs. I planned one leg per day, but feel free to change within the timeframe of the preset due dates. Detailed routes will be planned during flight briefing according to current weather conditions using simBrief.

The table below shows the destinations, the distances of the legs as well as scheduled flight days. The green boxes indicate some spare time with respect to the yellow marked due date given by the rules setup by Matthijs.

I'm looking forward starting this challenging tour together with you. Hope there are some more jocks around which we could encourage to participate. :clapping_s:

It definitely will be fun to share in this tour which by definition is timed to a max. of 80 days! :)

Wish you always happy landings

Gernot

Hi Gernot...

I think you need a special green livery, or? :lol: I'm still not decided if I take part due to time constraints but checking...

Anyway have fun Gernot and see you in the AMA skies ;)

Cheers

Thorsten

Hi guys,

it will be a pleasure to make with you the second tour around the world, but this time in opposite direction.:)

I finished my first leg EGLL-LFPO today and hope to post pictures soon.

Ciao

Gernot

Here is our flight report for the first leg 8001 of the new tour around the world in 80 days which we concluded on 02-Oct-2017.

Route:
EGLL MAY Y47 SFD UY47 BENBO UL612 HAWKE UM189 DRAKE UL151 SITET UN859 LGL A34 BOBSA LFPO

Distance: 270NM, FL 350, Avg Wind: 290/059

EGLL – London-Heathrow
METAR: AUTO 26019KT 9999 SCT040 BKN047 17/08 Q1013 NOSIG
Gate:                Royale Suite RSC
OUT                  1225z
OFF:                 1236z

LFPO – Paris-Orly
METAR: 24012KT 210V270 9999 SCT024 BKN032 19/14 Q1018 NOSIG
ON:                  1355z
IN:                    1400z
Gate:                Y10
Blocktime:        0135hrs
Fuel Burned:     2.635kg

Add-on-scenery:

- MegaAirport London Heathrow, by Aerosoft

- MegaAirport Paris Orly, by Aerosoft

We started our tour from Heathrow.

We are glad, the royal family invited as to use there royal suite at the airport to embark for this tour.;)

The skies had been covered by clouds. So there was little chance only for a nice sight seeing tour.

It was only a short taxy towards runway 27L After a Saudi Arabian B777 and a British Airways A320 we had been number 3 for departure.

Climbing out of runway 27L.

When crossing the Channel we had already climbed to FL 250 and continued to climb up to FL350.

Above the clouds approaching Paris-Orly from south.

On our further descend we have a view at a power plant south of Paris.

On final approach to LFPO runway 24.

And finally parked at gate Y10. We are looking for some crates of champagne for enjoying stopovers at coming destinations.:cheers_s:

Wish you all always happy landings

Gernot

5 hours ago, nealmac said:

I don't know what's more worrying. The lack of good beer in Port Said, or the fact that Toby knows what camel piss tastes like :lol:

Now that made me laugh, I did think the same when I read it.  Come on Toby, what's the story? :)

Clearly you guys have never been in Egypt.

Drink the beer in Port Said, I'd say. but I ordered, stating the first but apparently got the second:

هل لديك البيرة بالنسبة لي؟

هل لديك كوب من الجمال؟

See? In Arabic, apparently the only difference is the temperature of the beverage ordered ;-)

Here is our flight report for the second leg 8002 of the tour around the world in 80 days, LFPO to LIMF which we concluded on 03-Oct-2017.

LFPO – Paris-Orly
METAR: 31005KT 240V020 9999 SCT023 BKN040 19/13 Q1022 NOSIG

Gate:                Y10
OUT                  0918z
OFF:                 0935z

LIMF – Torino-Caselle
METAR: 13003KT 060V200 CAVOK 21/07 Q1020
ON:                  1047z
IN:                    1053z
Gate:                A14
Block time:       0135hrs

Route:
LFPO/06 PILUL UM975 PIXIS UY612 MADIV UL612 MILPA UM135 VEROB LIMF/36

Distance: 289NM, FL 310, Avg Wind: 302/045, Fuel Burned: 2.490kg

Add-on-scenery:

- MegaAirport Paris Orly, by Aerosoft

Paris-Orly parked at gate Y10. We managed to get some crates of champagne and good French red wine to enjoy on the further tour.

Sorry Toby, got your message about beer or another strange drink(?) too late. :(
And btw I hope nobody is offending me for this statement, but I think French red wine and champagne by far are excelling French beer. Philippe can you agree on this?
But don’t be sad Toby, Thorsten told me, he has some crates of good beer in his C-47.
:cheers_s:
So there will be no need to drink camel piss. Sorry I really don't want to share your experience in this particular issue.:wacko: Perhaps you should invest in a better dictionary to avoid future misunderstandings when ordering beer in foreign countries.:D

The leg to Torino would also be in or above the clouds.

Taxiing to runway 06.

It’s a long way to the starting point of runway 26. In the far distance we recognize the cooling towers of a power plant we already saw on our approach to Orly.

Climbing out of runway 26.

We had been lucky, just when passing the Mount Blanc massif there was a gap in the clouds.

Right behind the mountains we started our descent and soon had been on final to Torino-Caselle. As mentioned already earlier we are flexible with regards to late changes of our route. Instead of LIMA we selected LIMF as destination for this leg.

We had been assigned gate A14 which is located just at the far distant side of the terminal building.

No doubt, we are in Italy. There are lots of Alitalia or other Italian airliners next to our gate.

Gernot

Here is our flight report for the third leg 8003 which we also concluded on 03-Oct-2017.

LIMF – Torino-Caselle
METAR: VRB02KT 4200 BR FEW035 17/11 Q1020

Gate:                A14
OUT                  1140z
OFF:                 1146z

LIBR – Brindisi-Casale
METAR: 01005KT 9999 FEW025 21/18 Q1022 NOSIG
ON:                  1322z
IN:                    1332z
Gate:                8
Block time:        0152hrs

Route:
LIMF/36 GEN M730 ANC L612 DOLON LIBR/05

Distance: 519NM, FL290, Avg Wind: 293/015, Fuel burned: 3,335kg

After a short stopover at Torino again we changed our proposed route, we skipped the layover at Rome and continued our flight with leg 8003 from the northern end of Italy directly down to the southern end at Brindisi. We had still misty weather conditions at Torino.

We might expect clear skies only in the final part of this flight which first crossed the northern part of the Italian peninsular from Genoa to Ancona and then followed the Adriatic Sea coast line of the Italian boot down to the heel.

Climbing out of runway 36.

After a right turn we headed southeast towards Genoa and had a nice view back to the Mont Blanc massif in the far distance.

Skies cleared up already at Ancona when we reached the Adriatic Sea.
[URL=http://www.casim

Flying south in parallel to the Adriatic coastline we had a view at Lago Trasimeno. The lake is south of the river Po and north of the nearby river Tiber, and is the fourth for surface area in Italy.

After almost 2 hrs we arrive at Brindisi and are directed by ATC to a visual approach on runway 05.

On final approach to runway 05.

Parked at stand 8 next to an A319 from NIKI Air formerly established and owned by former Formula 1 racing champion Niki Lauda.

Gernot

Here is our flight report for leg 8004 which we concluded on 04-Oct-2017.

LIBR – Brindisi-Casale
METAR: 01005KT 9999 FEW025 21/18 Q1022 NOSIG

Gate:                8
OUT                  0830z
OFF:                 0838z

LGSR – Santorini
METAR: 33017KT 9999 SCT025 21/12 Q1020
ON:                  1015z
IN:                    1020z
Gate:                4
Block time:       0150hrs

Route:
LIBR/31 GOKEL UM603 ADDER UL604 YNN UV62 GARTA UL53 KOR UG85 DDM UB1 EKTOS UM601 MIL LGSR/34R

Distance: 465NM, FL270, Avg Wind: 281/020, Fuel Burned: 3,500kg

After one night of rest at Brindisi we continued on our route.

Mixed weather conditions, some cloudy areas but a large area was clear.

When taxiing to runway 31 we passed a B737 from Air One refueling at the GA fuel station.

Climbing out of runway 31.

After a tear drop procedure turn we headed southeast to cross the Adriatic Sea.

Reaching the eastern coastline of the Adriatic Sea, flying over Albanian mountains.

Lake Trichonida the largest natural lake in Greece, located in the eastern part of Aetolia-Acarnania, southeast of the city of Agrinio.

After flying over the Corinth Canal and Milos a volcanic Greek island in the Aegean Sea we arrive at Santorini the largest island of a small archipelago by the same name.

Final approach to runway 34R.

Taxiing to stand 4 next to an ATR 42-300 from Olympic Airways.

Parked at stand 4.

Gernot

And here is our flight report for leg 8005, the final leg of the first route segment which we also concluded on 04-Oct-2017.

LGSR – Santorini
METAR: 33017KT 9999 SCT025 21/12 Q1020

Gate:                 4
OUT                  1155z
OFF:                 1209z

HEPS – Port Said
METAR: 33007KT CAVOK 25/21 Q1016 NOSIG
ON:                  1357z
IN:                    1408z
Gate:                1
Block time:       0213hrs

Route:
LGSR/34R ASTIS UL52 NAXAS UN139 NIPIS UM978 VAXOS UL52 MAGIS DCT RASDA W725 LABNA L612 BLT A16 DEGDI V604 PSD HEPS/28

Distance: 528NM, FL350, Avg Wind: 270/077, Fuel Burned: 3,025kg

One and a half hours later we are ready for the last leg of this first segment London – Suez which will end at Port Said the northern terminus of the Suez Canal located about 200 km north of the city of Suez at the shores of the Mediterranean Sea.

For this leg the weather map shows almost clear skies.

Leaving the apron for runway 34R.

Climbing out of runway 34R.

Turning southeast we are leaving the archipelago of Santorini.

On our way to port Said we pass the island of Crete the largest and most populous of the Greek islands which we can recognize on the right side.

After about two hours into the flight we have a view at the huge Nile Delta formed in Northern Egypt where the Nile River pours out into the Mediterranean Sea. This is one of the world's largest river deltas from Alexandria in the west to Port Said in the east about 240 km wide.

We are heading eastwards for an approach to runway 28.

Final approach to runway 28 above the city center of Port Said.

Parked at gate 1 we finalize the first segment of this tour around the world in 80 days.

Come on Toby and all friends lets have some drinks, but definitely no camel piss.:cheers_s:

Gernot

I should be there later this evening Gernot. Had some trouble with P3D crashing last night as I was l leaving Heraklion in Crete. I'm using Aerosoft/FSDG scenery and keeps crashing on departure and it's holding me up. I migh have to switch back to default scenery :(

Or buy a better computer lol.

Welcome at the bar Neal,

we save you some drinks.:D

I don't know if your issue is only related to pc hardware. I realize as well some add-on sceneries where my fps decrease dramatically and others just behave acceptable.

Could slso be the scenery design.

Cheers

Gernot

Here is our flight report for the first leg 8006 of the second segment of flights Suez – Bombay which we concluded on 10-Oct-2017.

HEPS – Port Said
METAR: 33007KT CAVOK 25/21 Q1016 NOSIG

OUT                  0835z
OFF:                 0850z

OEJN – Jeddah - King Abdulaziz International Airport
METAR: 32012KT CAVOK 33/23 Q1006 NOSIG
ON:                  1048z
IN:                    1101z
Gate:                G12
Block time:       0226hrs

Route:
HEPS/28 PSD V602 CVO A727 LXR R775 SEDVA M999 IMLER OEJN/34L

Distance: 820NM, FL290, Avg Wind: 250/033, Fuel Burned: 4,225kg

Thanks for the freeware scenery add-on:
- aig_oejn_king_abdulaziz_jeddah_saudi_arabia_fsx_default.zip by Matthew Brooks.

Again we modified our route. Instead of three legs from Port Said  to Djibouti we planned now for only two legs. Preparing for departure.

Weather map showed clouds around Suez Canal but clear skies for the further rioute.

Taxiing to runway 28.

Clibing out of runway 28.

Heading south following the Suez Canal to our left.

At Great Bitter Lake we turn right heading for Cairo VOR.

At Cairo we turn left following the River Nile up to Luxor.

At the city of Luxor with its ruins of temple complexes next to modern city buildings we turn southeast heading for Jeddah.

We leave Egypt to cross the Red Sea via the cape close to the next historic site called Berenice.

Soon we arrive at the east bank of the Red Sea and have a view at Jeddah the principal gateway to Mecca, Islam's holy city.

When flying over the wide-stretched King Abdulaziz International Airport we prepare for a procedure turn to runway 34L.

On final approach to runway 34L.

Taxiing to our assigned gate we pass a lot of Saudi Arabian Airline aircrafts and a Lufthansa A340.

Parking at gate G12 in front of the impressive terminal building.

Gernot

Here is our flight report for the leg 8007 of the second segment of flights Suez – Bombay which we concluded on 11-Oct-2017.

OEJN – Jeddah - King Abdulaziz International Airport
METAR: 32012KT CAVOK 33/23 Q1006 NOSIG

Gate:                G12
OUT                  0830z
OFF:                 0855z

HDAM – Djibouti - Ambouli
METAR: 08011KT 9999 SCT023 35/26 Q1007
ON:                  1101z
IN:                    1106z
Gate:                G4
Block time:       0224hrs

Route:
OEJN/34C RIBAM MM559 LABNI M999 PURAD R775 SB A451 SB41 UA451 DEKRA P751 PARIM HDAM/09

Distance: 758NM, FL330, Avg Wind: 113/014, Fuel Burned: 4,025kg

- aig_oejn_king_abdulaziz_jeddah_saudi_arabia_fsx_default.zip by Matthew Brooks,

- HDAM2009vFSX.zip by Alexandre Remy - FAF010,

- HDAM_ADEX_AB.zip by Axel aka "FlyingAxx"

I preferred HDAM - Djibouti to OYAA –Aden because of the freeware scenery for HDAM I’ve already installed. We started our flight next morning from stand G12 in front of the tent-like terminal building.

Today weather forecast shows clear skies. Along our route.

Climbing out of runway 34C.

After departure we soon turned left heading south for HDAM.

On the left hand side we pass the Farasan islands which are a protected area in the Red Sea and home of rare species of animals.

Finally we reach the southern end of the Red Sea, the Bab el Mandeb strait which connects the Red Sea to the Gulf of Aden.

The dark green area in the desert is the area of the city of Djibuti. We fly westwards for an approach to runway 09.

O final approach to HDAM runway 09.

The Antonov AN-225 is engaged in transporting heavy loads to or from Djibouti.

Parked at Stand G4 with a view on the Antonov An-225.

Gernot

Here is our flight report for the leg 8008 of the second segment of flights Suez – Bombay which we concluded on 12-Oct-2017.

HDAM – Djibouti - Ambouli
METAR: 08009KT 9999 FEW023 32/23 Q1007

Gate:                G4
OUT                  0813z
OFF:                 0819z

OOSA – Salalah
METAR: 20008KT CAVOK 28/24 Q1008 NOSIG
ON:                  1022z
IN:                    1026z
Gate:                12
Block time:       0213hrs

Route:
HDAM/09 TORBA B535 KAPET OOSA/25

Distance: 785NM, FL330, Avg Wind: 093/024, Fuel Burned: 3,875kg

- HDAM2009vFSX.zip by Alexandre REMY - FAF010,

- HDAM_ADEX_AB.zip by Axel aka "FlyingAxx".

At 9:00h local time we are ready for our next leg flying along the Gulf of Aden and the southern coast of Yemen at the southern end of the Arabian Peninsula.

We had to expect fair weather along our route.

Climbing out of runway 09. Just over the flight deck in this picture we recognize the military section of the airport with shelters for fighter aircrafts.

About half an hour into the flight we pass Aden with its naturally arisen harbor.

It’s interesting to know that the southern Arabian peninsula doesn’t only have sandy shores but also cliff coasts.

After about two hours we arrive at Salalah which also has some hills and rocks around the city. Coming from the sea we fly inbound before we turn left again for an approach to runway 25.

On final approach to runway 25.

There is little traffic at this airport with the large terminal building.

We are parking at gate 12…

…while in the distance at the southern apron in the private section of the airport there is a B747 parked to allow embarking for the sultan’s family.;)

Gernot

Here is our flight report for the leg 8009 of the second segment of flights Suez – Bombay which we concluded on Friday, 13-Oct-2017.

OOSA – Salalah - Ambouli
METAR: 20008KT CAVOK 28/24 Q1008 NOSIG

Gate:                12
OUT                  0800z
OFF:                 0815z

OOMS – Muscat - Intl
METAR: 00000KT CAVOK 34/15 Q1006 NOSIG
ON:                  0938z
IN:                    0943z
Block time:       0143hrs

Route:
OOSA/25 DAXA1R DAXAM P316 RADAX RADA1V OOMS/08L

Distance: 509NM, FL370, Avg Wind: 069/007, Fuel Burned: 3,840kg

- HDAM2009vFSX.zip by Alexandre REMY - FAF010,
- HDAM_ADEX_AB.zip by Axel aka "FlyingAxx"

The next leg was a domestic flight from Salalah to Muscat the capital city of Oman.
After three consecutive FSX crashes when trying to import a SimBrief flight plan into the CRJ-900 FMS we switched planes to a support airbus A319 by Aerosoft with consistent registration id D-AERO.
;)

Besides the issues when trying to import the flight plan on this Friday 13th, we had no other problems on this sunny day.

Climbing out of runway 25.

After a left turn we are heading eastward in parallel to the coastline.

After about 90 min into the flight we are approaching the city of Muscat from southwest. We turn left heading for the airport which is in the northwest of the city.

Again astonishing pictures of hill formations - the desert isn’t just a simple sandbox.

We are on the downwind leg and recognize the airport in the upper left corner in parallel to the coastline.

The approach was kind of irritating. According to the Airbus's FMS database we planned to land on runway 08L. However, FSX scenery showed only one runway 08 (R). This airport had grown rapidly since FSX had been developed. We switched then to runway 08R.

On final approach to runway 08R with 9 kts onshore cross wind.

Parked at Stand 1.

Gernot

Archived