Sign in to follow this  
Ecthaelion

Aerosoft Lightning & Team SDB Binbrook vs Orbx.

Ecthaelion    3

Ladies and Germs,

Just a wee heads up.

If, like myself, you have been pulling your hair out in frustration over Team SDB's RAF Binbrook (and others) scenery incompatibility with Orbx England scenery In P3Dv4 please be calmed by this little tidbit....  It does work!

A friend recently informed me as to the "fix".

Really simple:

1.  Open the Orbx FTX Central program

2.  Select and click "Settings"

3. Under the Library Insertion point section select: "FTX Entries should be inserted below:" click the small down arrow then highlight the LAST UK addon scenery in your database.

4. Make sure that in: "openLC entries should be inserted below:" window FTX has is present.

5. Save

6. Close FTX Central.

7. Run your P3Dv4, let it redo it's database thing...

8. When you enter your chosen flight ....   Tadaaa your Team SDB Binbrook, Coltishall, Wattisham sceneries atc will be working just fine and dandy with no horrible cliffs etc in the terrain mesh.

Hope this helps.

Pls refer to the attached screenshot of my FTX Central.

Image1.jpg

Delta558    2

I tried that and, for me at least, it didn't work. However, one bit I picked up on the forums which may help is to rename the file EGXB_ADEX_SDB_ALT.bgl (in P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery) as apparently this is the one which controls the altitude of the airfield. I had already followed the instructions above so it may well be that it is a combination of the two which fixes the cliffs.

The scenery itself is superb - well worth more than the meagre amount asked for and I am really happy to have it working. I may well now buy other products from their range and see if this 'fix' applies to them as well.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. It worked last night for one flight, opened up the sim today and cliffs etc are back.

wingman5    110
4 hours ago, Delta558 said:

EDIT: I spoke too soon. It worked last night for one flight, opened up the sim today and cliffs etc are back.

Sounds like you need to be flying one of my hang gliders :glider_s:

Delta558    2
2 minutes ago, wingman5 said:

Sounds like you need to be flying one of my hang gliders :glider_s:

The updraughts from these could probably have your hang glider out-climbing your Lightning :lolsign_s:

Ecthaelion    3

Paul, trust in the force, help you it will :D   Hopefully speak to you over the next couple days, let's see if we can get a fix for you. :)

peter197    24

If anyone is interested I can send on a PM basis an edited version of RAF Binbrook I made that was originally made by Ted Harrison with Ted Andrews buildings.

I found that the frames are better, buildings are more realistic etc. I also compiled my own traffic files for it, so if anyone would like a peak give me a shout.

Unfortunately the ICAO is X4BB but that is the only thing that is an issue. I may need to tweak traffic a little to get 5 squadron traffic on it.

Otherwise, works fine on P3D V4.

2017-9-13_11-12-6-796.jpg

2017-9-13_11-12-19-53.jpg

2017-9-13_11-12-47-453.jpg

2017-9-13_11-12-58-740.jpg

• Upvote 1