Austria Professional HD for P3D v4?

ComSimPilot

Forget Flugwerk! Good sceneries but no support at all. If you want to wait for their new installers we'll have P3D V8..... I've done the following without any problems:

Step 1: I've copied my Installation of East + West from FSX to P3D V4 and registered it in the scenery library of P3D in the same order as in FSX. Now you'll see some buildings as black boxes. Therefore Step 2:

Copy the files from the FSX Texture-folder to the P3D Texture-folder (only additional files, no overwriting), the same with the Effects-folder. That's it. Everything is fine (and I'm flying a lot in Austria).

Greetings from Munich

Alexander

Thank you Alex for the reply.

Unfortunately I don't have FSX installed but only P3D v4. On Flugwerk website they mention that the P3D v4 installers will be out soon, but I have seen nothing since. I write here, as I bought both products from Aerosoft, and they were quite expensive. So I expect from Aerosoft an official reply.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I haven't tested, but just point the installer to a fake install folder. Maybe therefor is a fake registry entry for p3dv3 required and a fake Prepar3D.exe.

But then you have only the files and folders of this addon. Only culprit, as far as I know this addon modifies the autogendescription.sbd.

I will try to extract the required entries as xml and then I upload them together with an add-on.xml

• Deputy Sheriffs

Here is a fix for P3Dv4 (Update 17. Sep 2017):

To use Austrian Pro HD in P3Dv4 there are the sceneryfiles itself required and some autogendefinitions.

1. Autogendefinitions:

There are three possibel solutions. You can use the add-on.xml system or the autogen configuratinon merger.

a. add-on.xml system:

Place the content inside Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\

Austria HD Pro Autogen.rar

b. autogen configuration merger:

Place the content somwhere and add the folder to your scenery library

Austria HD Pro P3Dv4 autogen tool.rar

c. The .cfg file. Use one of the AutogenDescriptions.xml in the attached .rar files. And ponit the .cfg to the folder.

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\autogen.cfg

[Entry.0]
Title=Default Autogen
Path=Autogen
Required=True
Active=True

[Entry.1]
Title=Austrian Pro HD Autogen
Path=E:\Prepar3Dv4\Ecosystem\Flugwerk\Austrian Pro HD Autogen
Required=True
Active=True

2. Scenery:

You can grad the files from a "fake" installation or from an old P3Dv3 installaition. The required files/folders are:

E:\Prepar3D v3\atphd
E:\Prepar3D v3\effects\fx_lightobsredflash24_fw.fx
E:\Prepar3D v3\texture\atrow.bmp
E:\Prepar3D v3\texture\atrowlm.bmp
E:\Prepar3D v3\texture\bldc2.bmp
E:\Prepar3D v3\texture\roof_europe_northcentral.dds

You can copy them to the same folders in P3Dv4 or place them outside. You can use the add-on.xml system or the scenery library.

Attached is a file for all in one with add-on.xml. You can modifie them to your requirerments (you should know what you do).

Austria HD Pro all in one.rar

(If you use this, I would suggest to place Austrian Pro HD inside this folder: "E:\Prepar3Dv4\Ecosystem\Flugwerk\Austrian Pro HD")

This is the priority of the default install:

[Area.477]
Title=Austria Professional HD Elevation
Active=True
Layer=477
Local=E:\Prepar3D v3\atphd\dem
Required=False

[Area.478]
Title=Austria Professional HD Photoscenery
Active=True
Layer=478
Local=E:\Prepar3D v3\atphd\ortho
Required=False

[Area.479]
Title=Austria Professional HD Objects
Active=True
Layer=479
Local=E:\Prepar3D v3\atphd\objects
Required=False

[Area.480]
Title=Austria Professional HD Airports
Active=True
Layer=480
Local=E:\Prepar3D v3\atphd\airports
Required=False

[Area.481]
Title=Austria Professional HD LOXZ Zeltweg MIL
Active=True
Layer=481
Local=E:\Prepar3D v3\atphd\loxz
Required=False

[Area.482]
Title=Austria Professional HD LOXT Tulln MIL
Active=True
Layer=482
Local=E:\Prepar3D v3\atphd\loxt
Required=False

Thanks for your files, but if you use addons like LOWL or LOWK, these addons won't be shown correctely anymore because the method via addon.xml has a higher priority than these airports. Can you put these nessessary entries in your autogendescriptions.xml in an .spb-format, so they can be imported via configuration merger?

thanks Kai

• Deputy Sheriffs

The autogenconfigurationmerger tool can also read xml.

You can also remove the "scenery" components from add-on.xml and add them with the classic scenery library.

vor 2 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

The autogenconfigurationmerger tool can also read xml.

You can also remove the "scenery" components from add-on.xml and add them with the classic scenery library.

Yes, the merger can read xml-files but yours was coded to utf 8, although the header say 16, it is 8. After converting the merger read and integrated the components (by the way: using the not beloved migration tool will result in a correct installation too).

The removing of theses files from addon.xml is a good idea in general but using the update from FSDT brings back the situation like it was before and you have to do it again.

mfg Kai

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 38 Minuten, Kai-Uwe sagte:

Yes, the merger can read xml-files but yours was coded to utf 8, although the header say 16, it is 8. After converting the merger read and integrated the components (by the way: using the not beloved migration tool will result in a correct installation too).

The removing of theses files from addon.xml is a good idea in general but using the update from FSDT brings back the situation like it was before and you have to do it again.

mfg Kai

Hi, will correct the coding.

What do you mean with the update from FSDT?

What do you have to do again? The idea behind the autogenconfigurationmerger tool is, that it always updates the autogen when you start the sim (if necessary, when ORBX copied their version).

FSDT uses the new P3Dv4 structure for its addons too. After installing one of its addons an updater from FSDT will be installed too. It is quite comfortabel to have all addons of them actually using this way. So, if you delete the entries in ..documents\P3Dv4... and use the classical way via scenery library for having FSDT-addons in the sim then the next time you start the FSDT update-tool it will restore the new P3Dv4-method and you have to clean up this again (if you don't wish the use the new method via addon.xml).

Yes, I know the idea behind the autogen merger. I have several addons installed which are using this method to have merged their own autogen into the sim; a fine tool. Yesterday I didn't know yet that it is able to read  xml-content too, very nice. Back to your patch: like I said, because of its way working via an addon.xml it will stay on top of austrian airports everytime. Put it into the sim via the classical method is not possible because the folder has no scenery subfolder incl. bgl-files. So the only way indeed is using the autogenmerger-tool.

mfg Kai

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 20 Stunden , Kai-Uwe sagte:

FSDT uses the new P3Dv4 structure for its addons too. After installing one of its addons an updater from FSDT will be installed too. It is quite comfortabel to have all addons of them actually using this way. So, if you delete the entries in ..documents\P3Dv4... and use the classical way via scenery library for having FSDT-addons in the sim then the next time you start the FSDT update-tool it will restore the new P3Dv4-method and you have to clean up this again (if you don't wish the use the new method via addon.xml).

Yes, I know the idea behind the autogen merger. I have several addons installed which are using this method to have merged their own autogen into the sim; a fine tool. Yesterday I didn't know yet that it is able to read  xml-content too, very nice. Back to your patch: like I said, because of its way working via an addon.xml it will stay on top of austrian airports everytime. Put it into the sim via the classical method is not possible because the folder has no scenery subfolder incl. bgl-files. So the only way indeed is using the autogenmerger-tool.

mfg Kai

I updated my post with the fix.

FSDT should never have any influence to the add-on.xml of other addons. When I said remove the scenery part, I was talking only about the add-on.xml of Austrian ProHD.

Checked your solutions today: the structure looks okay but: I'm not sure if your method via autogen.cfg is working. I tried that with the freeware addon Paris-intra_muros. It failed. After using the method via autogenmergertool it worked. Second: your autogen.xml is coded in utf 8 yet. The merger needs utf 16. I'll upload my file so you can compare them.

mfg Kai

AutogenDescriptions.xml

There is a somewhat cryptic statement on the Flugwerk site.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neue Option zum Reparieren der Autogen Beschreibung (neue Schaltfläche im Setup auf der Willkommens-Seite). Speziell bei Verwendung von FTX Central von ORBX werden unsere Autogen Beschreibungen gelöscht. Dies hat zur Folge, dass im Szenerie Gebiet plötzlich keine Autogen-Bäume mehr sichtbar sind. Mit dieser Option können diese auf einfache Weise wiederhergestellt werden.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I own the East package (not installed yet) and might go for the West now (for Prepar3d4) but I would like to make sure they play nice with ORBX in advance. This would be the case using e.g. an AutogenConfigurationMerger-based solution were missing entries are reintroduced upon Simulator start, if removed (by, e.g., ORBX FTX Central) and they can coexist. However, I would leave it alone if they adopted a solution a la French VFR  being unusable in conjunction with FTX. I am certainly not going to ditch my 100+ titles ORBX collection for Austria.

Thanks for any comnment on this,

Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs

Michael, I understand what you mean an ro me it reads indeed as if they are offering kind of merging technology. But this can only be clarified by Flugwerk. Did you try to contact them via email?

vor 22 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

But this can only be clarified by Flugwerk. Did you try to contact them via email?

Thanks for the reply. I tried to contact them via mail w.r.t. to another matter 3 years ago and am still waiting for an answer.

Kind regards, Michael

• 2 weeks later...

maybe these are stupid questions ...

Is atp hd pro now compatible with p3dv4 or not, when I have ORBX (FTX Central v3) installed. How do I use the above mentioned autogen configuration merger? Do I really need it?

Harry

To Kai-Uwe or anyone with the Justsim airport addons. I have a terrible time getting especially LOWK to play along with Austria Pro HD and Flugwerk refuse to answer support issues it seem :) Two problems:

1) mesh issue making the close surrounding at LOWK like roads etc look strange on the tarmac side of the airoport.

2) The most anoying problem is that I see a bleed through of photoscenery, a conflict between the Austria Pro HD photoscenery and the Justsim LOWK photoscenery even though LOWK has a higher scenery library priority. As I fly along the airport grounds the color keep shifting. It takes a way greatly from the immersion.

Also with LOWL there is a slight mesh issue where the airport and surrounding is a bit elevated (not a very big deal though) and it does go away if I deactivate the mesh from Austria Pro HD although that move takes away the nice mountain definitions.  

Any tips to get these airports to play along with Austria Pro HD would be much welcome! I wish Justsim would have developed the airports with Austria Pro HD in mind not only Orbx FTC Global.

By the way FSDG Graz, Flytampa Vienna (with a solution found on the flugwerk website), Orbx Innsbruck and Digital Design Salzburg seem to be ok with Austria Pr HD. I love my setup these days and its perfect flying in Austria which must be the most beautiful country in the world :). At winter I activate FTX Global, LC Europe and Vector and for summer, autumn and spring I deselect the Orbx stuff and use Austria Pro HD East and West. If only Flugwerk would make some winter photoreal and I could leave landclass based scenery behind for good :)

Thanks

Mike        

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 12 Stunden , HJMX sagte:

maybe these are stupid questions ...

Is atp hd pro now compatible with p3dv4 or not, when I have ORBX (FTX Central v3) installed. How do I use the above mentioned autogen configuration merger? Do I really need it?

Harry

Hi, with the new installer ATP is compatible with P3Dv4. Every time you run ORBX Central, it could be that the autogenentries of ATP are gone. I don’t know if they are included in the ORBX libraries.

But in the new ATP Installer is a repairfunction. Just run it after Central, if you discover wrong Autogen in Austria.

Alternativ you can use the Autogenmerger or the add-on.xml method.

The Autogenmerger is a hyperlink inside my former post. Follow it. There you can get the tool and the documentation. In the developer manual is the installation described. There is also a user manual. Read both, if you then still have questions to the tool ask there or come back here.

If you really need it. No! Depends on your system and how you want to handle it.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I’m new to this site but hoping someone may help. I recently installed P3Dv4 (previously had P3Dv2) and used the new v4 installer from Flugwerk’s site to install Austria Pro HD west scenery. Everything seemed okay but I noticed that all the autogen trees and buildings have gone. The sliders are set to dense in the graphics menu and the autogen objects appear when I ‘fly’ over the boarder to Germany (Orbx Germany South installed here). I had no problem with v2.

Is there any way I can configure the P3Dv4 setup or Austria Pro HD setup so autogen objects are displayed?

Archived