Porto Santos LPPS Black Terminal Bldg.

fisheye

For some reason out of the Blue my Terminal Bldg.at Porto Santos has turned Black in FSX with fresh install of Madeira X Evolution v1.05a last week.  I also have it in a copy of Steam on the same computer and it is just fine.  Even after a reinstall it is the same and the screen shots show what is taking place.  I checked all of the files between the FSX version and the Steam version installed at the same time and they all match.  I have the FSX.CFG's the same and this is a puzzle.  What do you think is causing this to happen.

Please login to display this image.

No the DX 10 Preview is not enabled.  I also renamed my fsx.cfg and let FSX rebuild a new one but with no success.  I am really puzzled on this one.  I have spent more time on this scenery package than any previous one on my system ever and I have a lot of scenery..  fisheye

I have decided to start over and uninstalled FSX Acceleration version of Madeira and reset all of the files that were not returned to their original state on uninstalling.  I have run the program in its default state then run FTX Vector and verified that it is back to the original state.  More to come... 

9 hours ago, fisheye said:

I have decided to start over and uninstalled FSX Acceleration version of Madeira and reset all of the files that were not returned to their original state on uninstalling.  I have run the program in its default state then run FTX Vector and verified that it is back to the original state.  More to come... 

I just completely uninstalled and reinstalled Madeira X Evolution in FSX Acceleration and Windows 7 64.  It still has LPPS terminal black.  It looks like the install program is corrupt again and I am going to download another copy from the EURMirror site since the one on the USAMirror is corrupt from the start.  Another 7 hour download tonight......fisheye

Well I was lucky in my download from the EUMirror this time, it took only two hours with a 260kb/sec download speed.  Although it didn't help any at all in the program issues.  I still have the black terminal area at LPPS but now I have my aircraft below the tarmac on startup at LPMA.  See pictures of the new install below.  I am at a total loss on this one.  I followed MK studios instructions to the letter for FSX and double checked all of the files status. Everything checks out.  Could it be something inside FSX itself that got changed?  You would think I would be able to figure this out after all these years working with this program.  :huh:

So that anyone that has the inclination to help in this matter I have attached an image of all the files that are working properly in the Steam version on the same computer as the FSX Acceleration version that has all of these problems.  I cross checked all files and they are all setup the same in FSX Acceleration as in this list below.  If you see any errors in my files please let me know which ones and the fix.  Spinning in circles..... fisheye

PS I have noticed that when using the file extension .off  that FTX Vector does not automatically rename the Default file to active, .bgl, unless it only works that way on my machine...B)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you install v1.03 or older in the past? If yes, make sure the SODE files are deleted.

Meshsetting is at 1m?

Have you cleared the shader cache?

Are you running the DX10fixer?

Any other (Traffic)Addon with AFCADs?

Did you deactivate the default and addon mesh?

I mean there is a small config tool for Madeira. Did you test it?

OBX43200.bgl can stay active.

Are the ALT files for LPMA and LPPS present in scenery/world/scenery?

You are aware of this troubleshooting post?:

5 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Did you install v1.03 or older in the past? If yes, make sure the SODE files are deleted.

Meshsetting is at 1m?

Have you cleared the shader cache?

Are you running the DX10fixer?

Any other (Traffic)Addon with AFCADs?

Did you deactivate the default and addon mesh?

I mean there is a small config tool for Madeira. Did you test it?

OBX43200.bgl can stay active.

Are the ALT files for LPMA and LPPS present in scenery/world/scenery?

You are aware of this troubleshooting post?:

1- No I didn't install a previous version installer, just v.1.05a from downloads the first which was from the USAMirror site which was corrupt.  I was instructed by Aerosoft Support to download another copy from a different source.  I then downloaded a copy from the EUMirror and it worked perfectly in both Steam and Acceleration.  Like I said it was installed and working and then the Terminal color just vanished.  As near as I can remember I have not added anything into the Madeira Scenery after installing.  I may have downloaded the updates from this forum and installed them in my first install but I have uninstalled and reinstalled since then.  I even downloaded a new copy from the EUMirror just to make sure the first one didn't get corrupted.  I also turn off my AVG Payware Antivirus program and shut down my UAC just to make sure nothing interferes with the process of installation. I do use Malwarebytes paid version and CCleaner paid version for safety and these were closed down also.  I am using Win7-64 and all latest updates installed, all latest Nvidia drivers, Corsair RGB Mouse and Keyboard and most everything else I can find to make things run properly. 

2- Yes, My mesh is set at 1m and all sliders are full right except water at 2 Low.

I am not sure what you mean clear shader cache, unless you mean set with the checkmark in FSX menu.  I also always change the last number in the fsx.cfg lines in the following Graphics section, which makes the next FSX load completely flush all cache used the last time it was run.  I change the 2 to a 1 and save the cfg then you can watch the reload the next time it is started. 

[graphics]
shader_cache_primed_10  =1693500672
shader_cache_primed  =1693500672

3- I am not using the DX10 fixer.

4- I have some AI Traffic installed from World of AI but none for Madeira or close by to my knowledge.

5- As you can see from the .jpg in my previous message that I did double check the files to make sure they were deactivated.  Both the Default and Add-on .bgl's.

6- You mean the small cfg tool that lets you choose if you have installed GSX?

7- OBX43200.bgl is active.

8- The ALT files for LPMA and LPPS are present in scenery/world/scenery

9- Yes I am aware of the trouble shooting post and that is where I downloaded a .zip file with the fixes that were listed to fix issues that I assumed were found in my version originally when I installed the program but since have uninstalled and reinstalled.  I thought that maybe it was not needed with the version I had downloaded and was worried that I would mess something up.  Maybe I did....  I only did that in the FSX copy on my machine.  It seemed too do it all of a sudden without adding something after it was up and running properly when I started the program up the next day.  Thanks for all of your help, you can tell I need it badly.  Norm

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 4 Minuten, fisheye sagte:

1- No I didn't install a previous version installer, just v.1.05a from downloads the first which was from the USAMirror site which was corrupt.  I was instructed by Aerosoft Support to download another copy from a different source.  I then downloaded a copy from the EUMirror and it worked perfectly in both Steam and Acceleration.  Like I said it was installed and working and then the Terminal color just vanished.  As near as I can remember I have not added anything into the Madeira Scenery after installing.  I may have downloaded the updates from this forum and installed them in my first install but I have uninstalled and reinstalled since then.  I even downloaded a new copy from the EUMirror just to make sure the first one didn't get corrupted.  I also turn off my AVG Payware Antivirus program and shut down my UAC just to make sure nothing interferes with the process of installation. I do use Malwarebytes paid version and CCleaner paid version for safety and these were closed down also.  I am using Win7-64 and all latest updates installed, all latest Nvidia drivers, Corsair RGB Mouse and Keyboard and most everything else I can find to make things run properly. 

2- Yes, My mesh is set at 1m and all sliders are full right except water at 2 Low.

I am not sure what you mean clear shader cache, unless you mean set with the checkmark in FSX menu.  I also always change the last number in the fsx.cfg lines in the following Graphics section, which makes the next FSX load completely flush all cache used the last time it was run.  I change the 2 to a 1 and save the cfg then you can watch the reload the next time it is started. 

[graphics]
shader_cache_primed_10  =1693500672
shader_cache_primed  =1693500672

3- I am not using the DX10 fixer.

4- I have some AI Traffic installed from World of AI but none for Madeira or close by to my knowledge.

5- As you can see from the .jpg in my previous message that I did double check the files to make sure they were deactivated.  Both the Default and Add-on .bgl's.

6- You mean the small cfg tool that lets you choose if you have installed GSX?

7- OBX43200.bgl is active.

8- The ALT files for LPMA and LPPS are present in scenery/world/scenery

9- Yes I am aware of the trouble shooting post and that is where I downloaded a .zip file with the fixes that were listed to fix issues that I assumed were found in my version originally when I installed the program but since have uninstalled and reinstalled.  I thought that maybe it was not needed with the version I had downloaded and was worried that I would mess something up.  Maybe I did....  I only did that in the FSX copy on my machine.  It seemed too do it all of a sudden without adding something after it was up and running properly when I started the program up the next day.  Thanks for all of your help, you can tell I need it badly.  Norm

2. Shader cache:

You have to delete the content of the folder:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

For you it could be:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders

It will be rebuilt, but make a backup. You never know.

6. Yes, I mean that tool.

To be honest, at the moment I have no further idea.

8 hours ago, masterhawk said:

2. Shader cache:

You have to delete the content of the folder:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

For you it could be:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders

It will be rebuilt, but make a backup. You never know.

6. Yes, I mean that tool.

To be honest, at the moment I have no further idea.

No Joy...  cleaned the cache folder and everything stayed the same...   I really don't want to reinstall FSX with all of the add-ons that I have installed.  My FSX Folder is 367GB size on disk not including other scenery files located elsewhere.  fisheye

• Developer

1.) Please open your FSX.CFG (in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX) with the editor and search for

[SCENERY]

and set the two entries below this section from 0 to 1:

ShowMissingTextureAlert=1

MissingLibraryAlert=1

If it is not found, add this lines below the [SCENERY] Section.

Then start the FS and go to LPPS to check if there is a Popup reporting missing Textures or Objects, then please list the names here.

2.) Uncheck the Scenery Entry of Porto Santo in the scenery Library and then check if the Black Objects are still there or you get an error popup.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:45 PM, OPabst said:

1.) Please open your FSX.CFG (in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX) with the editor and search for

[SCENERY]

and set the two entries below this section from 0 to 1:

ShowMissingTextureAlert=1

MissingLibraryAlert=1

If it is not found, add this lines below the [SCENERY] Section.

Then start the FS and go to LPPS to check if there is a Popup reporting missing Textures or Objects, then please list the names here.

2.) Uncheck the Scenery Entry of Porto Santo in the scenery Library and then check if the Black Objects are still there or you get an error popup.

I followed your instructions and came up with the following files starting LPPS.  I also went to Madeira LPMA to see it there were any there but none were listed However the aircraft was underground also see image below.  I unchecked LPPS in the Scenery folder and restarted LPPS with no errors showing.  See pictures below...Thanks a bunch for all of this help.  However what would cause this in every reinstallation of this program from multiple installation downloads from Aerosoft using version 1.05a unless it might have been installing the upgrade.zip file offered on this site on my original installation. 

20 hours ago, fisheye said:

I followed your instructions and came up with the following files starting LPPS.  I also went to Madeira LPMA to see it there were any there but none were listed However the aircraft was underground also see image below.  I unchecked LPPS in the Scenery folder and restarted LPPS with no errors showing.  See pictures below...Thanks a bunch for all of this help.  However what would cause this in every reinstallation of this program from multiple installation downloads from Aerosoft using version 1.05a unless it might have been installing the upgrade.zip file offered on this site on my original installation. 

OPabst;  Looks like I fixed most of the problems assuming a corrupted Scenery.cfg.  I renamed my scenery.cfg and let FSX rebuild on next startup. I then added Madeira and Santo into the new scenery library.. Everything looks good except I had one object that failed to load at LPPS, see image below, a scenery library object.  Is this one that is common with this scenery?  I also had one failed to load at Madeira, fx_AESLite_Halo.bmp which I also attached an image below.  Are these a common occurrence for this scenery?  Thanks for your help in this because by asking your questions it got me on the right track to chase this down as a corrupted scenery.cfg file and led me to the fix with the exceptions below.  fisheye

• Deputy Sheriffs

The first error message is not comletely shown so not really helpfull (You can check the Windows Eventviewer for the complete message)

Does the file mentioned in the 2nd message exist on your system?

• Developer

This could be for the missing effect texture (we renamed some and the object may call for it for some reason), but it shouldn't make any problems anyway. We'll fix this error on 1.06.

7 hours ago, mopperle said:

The first error message is not comletely shown so not really helpfull (You can check the Windows Eventviewer for the complete message)

Does the file mentioned in the 2nd message exist on your system?

It appears from the message from MK Studios that the first message is coming up due to a missing texture on their part.  I can not find the second message file anywhere on my system. It looks like it should be in the Effects/Texture folder but no joy.  I noticed that when running the missinglibraryalert=1 and showmissingtexturealert=1 In the FSX.cfg scenery section that there are a number of failure messages that popup in many sceneries.  Is this normal and due to other reasons than missing necessary scenery for that installation by the developers.

18 hours ago, MK-Studios said:

This could be for the missing effect texture (we renamed some and the object may call for it for some reason), but it shouldn't make any problems anyway. We'll fix this error on 1.06.

MK-Studios; Is it a possibility that the second error message which is from LPMA is also not a problem?  " fx_AESLite_Halo.bmp"

• Developer
vor 2 Stunden , fisheye sagte:

MK-Studios; Is it a possibility that the second error message which is from LPMA is also not a problem?  " fx_AESLite_Halo.bmp"

It is only a BMP for the effects which is maybe not added by the installer correct, must check this when I am back in the office end this week. But it is not critcal.

Set the alerts back to 0, then the massages are gone.

I am a happy camper right now with everything seeming to work just fine in both Steam and FSX Acceleration.  They both look the same and are running like they should.  Thanks to all that helped in solving this issue and it was all on my computer and not in the programming of the scenery with the exceptions noted by the developers.  FSX has always been a chore to enjoy through the years but I guess that is why there are so many of us still using it, for the challenges.  :D    fisheye

Archived