About Airbus 2018

Dumont

I am thinking of buying Airbus A318 / A320 complete package in Steam store.
But with the arrival of P3D V4 Aerosoft has plans to launch new Airbus 2018 version, compatible with P3D V4 and, if I understood correctly, some improvements also for FSX / FSX-SE.
New Airbus would then receive a major upgrade pay.
Well, if I buy now in Steam store will I be entitled to paid upgrade through Steam store?

I hope you understand, I use Google Translator in my messages!
Thank you.

João Alfredo

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I would wait until the release of the 2018 version before buying the other product. It does not look like its a free upgrade and also your on the steam page and there is no guarantee that they will upgrade it on the steam page. I would wait untill it has been released before you buy anything. Also I would buy the product from Aerosoft's website to be safe for future upgrades and what not.

harvey

Also heres o pre view pic of the 2018 edition that I found on the forum.

Please login to display this image.

27 minutes ago, harvey riches said:

You are aware that pic is from the a330 2018 edition and not the a320 fam 2018 edition.

On 9/17/2017 at 8:40 PM, harvey riches said:

Personally I would wait until the release of the 2018 version before buying the other product. It does not look like its a free upgrade and also your on the steam page and there is no guarantee that they will upgrade it on the steam page. I would wait untill it has been released before you buy anything. Also I would buy the product from Aerosoft's website to be safe for future upgrades and what not.

harvey

Please login to display this image.

You say it won't be a free upgrade. In actual fact it won't be an upgrade at all. The A320 2018 is actually a new product that will take full advantage of P3Dv4 features. And while it won't be free, there will be a very generous discount for current A320/321 owners.

On 19/09/2017 at 7:36 AM, nealmac said:

You say it won't be a free upgrade. In actual fact it won't be an upgrade at all. The A320 2018 is actually a new product that will take full advantage of P3Dv4 features. And while it won't be free, there will be a very generous discount for current A320/321 owners.

Yes, there will be a generous discount for who already owns the product.
My question is if it benefits from a discount, it will also be given to those who bought through Steam store, I do not use P3D and I have no plans to use it.
But I know that Airbus 2018 also brings something new to FSX / FSX-SE version, well, that's what I understood.
Thank you.

João Alfredo

4 hours ago, Dumont said:

Yes, there will be a generous discount for who already owns the product.
My question is if it benefits from a discount, it will also be given to those who bought through Steam store, I do not use P3D and I have no plans to use it.
But I know that Airbus 2018 also brings something new to FSX / FSX-SE version, well, that's what I understood.
Thank you.

João Alfredo

That's a fair question. I'm not sure if non P3Dv4 users will benefit from the new product. I think one of the staff would be better to answer this one.

56 minutes ago, nealmac said:

That's a fair question. I'm not sure if non P3Dv4 users will benefit from the new product. I think one of the staff would be better to answer this one.

Exactly, I think Aerosoft does not yet have a definition about my doubt.
So I'll wait longer, wait for an official response.

João Alfredo

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am only in a semi official capacity here but I can shed some light on your question. 

The new A320 will be mainly the same on all platforms. Meaning it will have new VC textures, new FMGC features and a new hassle free CFD that works without extra software. There is more btw. 

The P3D v4 version will have dynamic lights as a exclusive feature. That is about the only difference. 

The AS Airbus A320 is not yet in beta so do not expect a release soon. 

On 21/09/2017 at 4:20 AM, Frank Docter said:

I am only in a semi official capacity here but I can shed some light on your question. 

The new A320 will be mainly the same on all platforms. Meaning it will have new VC textures, new FMGC features and a new hassle free CFD that works without extra software. There is more btw. 

The P3D v4 version will have dynamic lights as a exclusive feature. That is about the only difference. 

The AS Airbus A320 is not yet in beta so do not expect a release soon. 

thank you all
An unmissable offer on Steam and I purchased the complete package, A318-319 / A320-321 for $ 24.00.

João Alfredo

Archived