Format for Place Brg /Dist entry on Define Pilot Wpt FMS Page

haroldeh

PBD:

OSN90/5 = 90 deg magnetic bearing from OSN, 5 NM

OSN90T/5 = 90 deg true bearing from OSN, 5 NM

PB/PB:

OSN90/LBE180 = Intersection of 90 deg bearing from OSN and 180 deg bearing from LBE (add "T" for true bearing)

Lat/Lon:

N52 1.2 E8 3.4 (don't forget the spaces!)

Lat/Lon shorthand (not available on Define Pilot page, just on Legs page):

5615N = N56 W015

5615E = N56 E015

5615S = S56 E015

5615W = S56 E015

Hi,

From the define pilot wpt page, I can add wpt defined by brg/dist but I was no able to store wpy by lat/lng (no 'store wpt' action).

Also from the legs page, a 'not found' message is displayed when I try to add a wpt by lat/lng eg N42 02.5 E008 35.1 (works perfectly with brg/dist).

I'm not sure about the format, the collins fms documentation says:

The format for LAT/LON data entry is (N or S)DDMM.MM(W or E)DDDMM.MM where D represent degrees and M represents minutes. For example, N40° 15.30’ W003° 05.50’ must be entered as “N4015.30W00305.50". If coordinates are in whole degrees of latitude or longitude (or both), you need not enter the minutes (e.g.,, N40, S09, W030, E142). If you enter minutes, you must use two digits before a decimal point. If you enter a decimal point, you must use at least one number after it. The acceptable range for entering minutes is 00.00 to 59.99. Optional spaces may be placed between the degrees and minutes fields, and between the latitude and longitude fields.

Cheers

Please login to display this image.

Archived