EDDF Professional vs EDDF V2

Speedbird ATC

EDDF is an airport I frequently fly to and from, both in the real world and in sim. Therefor, despite me completely disagreeing with Aerosofts decision to raise the price for the Mega Airports line, I got it. (A certain dev with a wonderful KSFO managed to make their scenery fully compatible and take advantage of new V4 features without an update charge. But that is a dead horse I do not want to beat anymore.) I am fully aware that the new airports are not in fact simply new installers, but rather new products with new features. However, maybe I am dumb (I do not say that with snark or excessive sarcasm) but I have not been able to notice any major new features. I have looked for a changelog but have not been able to find one. Would anyone be so kind as to provide a full changelog for the scenery? With regards, thanks in advance.

I think there is no changelog in that meaning, but the professional edition simply features all P3D v4 features, like dynamic light. It is rather the same scenery, with some advantages like that you get the charts for EDDF on NavDataPro Charts for free.

• Developer

Sorry,

but you miss, that P3D V4 is not FSX/FSX:SE or P3D V3. It as a redesigned Engine, which need different approaches to generate the 3D Mesh and Material, so that the engine can handle it with the best possible performance, even when it looks for you the same. I saw the difference, when I just compile FSX code, you would not be happy.

All this is not done by itself and is not only recompile the sources with a new compiler.

There a lot of technical change included, like the weather controlled runwaylights and automaticaly seasion switches, which was only possible before with old FS2002 code.

We have also developed better ways to integrate the terrain of the airport into the mesh in the surounding Mesh with out unnice steps.

All things, you maybe not see when you only look to the building, which are the same as before and which are the same in real.

But there are hundred of hours invested to get it into the new optimized code for the new V4 engine. And P3D V4 is a sim under development, will change in parts with every hotfix or versionupdate, which maybe generate additational time to fix/change parts of the scenery products too, which you will expect to get sasp.

I don't know how you make your money, but we have to pay our bills at the end of the month. And when I go shopping, I have to pay every year more for the same product (fuel, beer and so on), FS Addon are over years on the market for the same price, why?

3 hours ago, AirbusCG said:

That's right, a certain dev with a wonderful KSFO asked you 15€ more right away for the airport (40€ compared to 25€ you pay for EDDF), so one could expect some more features and service for airport. Sounds logic, huh?

Well even before V4 the airport was much higher quality then EDDF. The upgrade to V4 was completely free.

3 hours ago, OPabst said:

Sorry,

but you miss, that P3D V4 is not FSX/FSX:SE or P3D V3. It as a redesigned Engine, which need different approaches to generate the 3D Mesh and Material, so that the engine can handle it with the best possible performance, even when it looks for you the same. I saw the difference, when I just compile FSX code, you would not be happy.

All this is not done by itself and is not only recompile the sources with a new compiler.

There a lot of technical change included, like the weather controlled runwaylights and automaticaly seasion switches, which was only possible before with old FS2002 code.

We have also developed better ways to integrate the terrain of the airport into the mesh in the surounding Mesh with out unnice steps.

All things, you maybe not see when you only look to the building, which are the same as before and which are the same in real.

But there are hundred of hours invested to get it into the new optimized code for the new V4 engine. And P3D V4 is a sim under development, will change in parts with every hotfix or versionupdate, which maybe generate additational time to fix/change parts of the scenery products too, which you will expect to get sasp.

I don't know how you make your money, but we have to pay our bills at the end of the month. And when I go shopping, I have to pay every year more for the same product (fuel, beer and so on), FS Addon are over years on the market for the same price, why?

Thank you for your explanation Oliver. Even if this is how capitalism works, I completely disagree with the idea of raising prices for no reason other then to raise prices.

2 hours ago, AirbusCG said:

Maybe he knew a new version of Prepar3D would be released (just like we all can already assume a P3Dv5 will be released in about 1 1/2 years) and thus priced it higher from the beginning on?
Nothing comes for free nowadays. Companies like to tell you something is free, but somebody certainly did pay for it when buying their products.

Personally I doubt it. But oh well. I should add that the difference between the mentioned airport and Mega Airport EDDF is exactly 10 cents.

• Developer
vor 6 Stunden , Speedbird ATC sagte:

Thank you for your explanation Oliver. Even if this is how capitalism works, I completely disagree with the idea of raising prices for no reason other then to raise prices.

Then you have not understand what I have written and scenery addons are not just the optic. And in other  systems you may feel better, because there everybody has to do what you want (when you are part of the leadership) for getting nothing.

In capitalism we invest our lifetime to make products possible, you have the choise to use them, when you are willing to pay for that, otherwise you may get one beer more at the evening (not at the Octoberfest in Munich) instead of the low update fee ;)

Archived