EDDT Pro P3D V4 - no Autogen near Airport

Hi,

I recently upgraded the Mega Airport Tegel X Scenery to the Professional in order to use it with P3D v4. During my first takeoff I noticed that autogen is missing around the airport (see pictures) I have a fresh copy of P3D v4 installed together with ORBX and the AS CRJ. Disabling ORBX does not help.

Any suggestions how I can fix the problem?

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer
vor 32 Minuten, luko0211 sagte:

Mee too, the performance is just horrible

Please compare the performance with Tegel unchecked (so with the default Airport), it is very low in the area anyway. It looks like the autogen in large Citys with many poligonal Autogen Objects will impact the performance in P3D V4, more then in FSX.

When I set the Autogendesity to NONE for both, frames are in a normal high area for V4, even with Spare the drop is significant and not different from Extremely Dense. There seams to be a other bug, because when I leave the Desity for Buildings to NONE and only set vegetation to spare, I see also many buildings. We need to see if the next P3D V4 Update will help here.

Regarding the missing autogen I can reproduce it and will check that tomorrow.

I am using OrbX FTX Germany North Region. Disabling the four Aerial_BerlinTegel* .bgl files in the scenery directory fit the airport into the Orbx Environment. The pictures look as if Flugsimulatorpilot has done the same. No difference in terms of the missing autogen, but there are huge differences in coloration with the Aereal* files enabled. Performance is no big issue for me, considering that the Berlin area with FTX Germany North has a certain impact on the framerate by itself. So the German Airport Team has done a good job imho.

@Oliver

Maybe you should offer an installation option for FTX GEN users? Could save some support-time :-)

Kind regards

Tom

• Developer

Hi Tom,

maybe, but this depent on the airport, because in some case the Airport will be effected too, when the arial photo scene and the attached autogen is disabled.

btw, the scenery is not done by the German Airport Team, it is an PADLabs Product.

Hi,

thank you all for your answers. Tom is right, I disabled the 4 aerials.bgl files in order to fit the airport into the Orbx Environment. However, enabling these files does not help to solve the autogen problem. In Prepar3D v3 I had no problems with the airport.

Any ideas?

Removing the Aerial_ files did help with the autogen and everything seems to be quite ok. Performance on my end has definitely improved. Only one thing.... 3d lights from FTX Germany North are popping up within the airport surface area, including in the middle of taxiways and runways. So while there was too much exclusion before.. there is too little now. Of course at daytime that's not a biggy. I would however still appreciate an official compatibility and conflict-free experience using Tegel with FTX Germany North.

I disabled the four aerial and eddt_cvx_terrain.bgl too, like I did in P3DV3. Using FTX GEN of course too.

I don't understand why there is no option to choose wether using FTX GEN or not. FTX GEN is very popular and it should be considered imho.

Furthermore I use a modified afcad-file for EDDT from Holi (can be find in this forum) to prevent wrong parking positions of AirBerlin-AI's.

mfg Kai

While I find an upgrade fee being in order as such, I don't have any appreciation for the fact there has been no proper fix for the issues with FTX Germany North. These issues have been mentioned on this forum several times before, there was even a promise of a patch once - doesn't PadLabs follow the Aerosoft fora??? GEN has been on the market for a year now and is not just an obscure freeware from a no-name developer. It's a save bet a large number of users will use it in conjuction with Tegel, actually most of them will probably buy AS EDDT as a substitue for the GEN-enhanced version by purpose.

I tried the aerial/cvx fix yesterday and it didn't work properly for me, but I was short of time and will retry it later.

Kind regards, Michael

Funny enough I don't see that problem at all, and I have Germany North, LC Europe, Global and Vector installed. Everything is like it should be, with the exception of the discolored ground. So there might be something wrong with your installation?

That's strange. I only have GEN active when flying in the area and all the remaining Global Products (except Global Base, of course) off which shouldn't be required for GEN to work. But who knows, I'll try again with them active later.

Kind regards, Michael

I totally agree with Michael's words.

I have to correct my advices regarding the afcad-file above. This file is in the latest EDDT not useable anymore; it will supress the jetways. So we have to see wrong traffic-sorting at the gates, but this is not an important thing. The cvx-file I'd putted back into the sim because I can't see any negative influences anymore and because I don't know for that the file is nessessary I leave it better in the sim too.

The aerial files are supressing a lot of autogen and vegetation nearby Tegel (Hohenzollernkanal etc.) in my sim. But sometimes things go curious ways: in FTX GEN I'd deactivated everything that is related to EDDT in order to have nothing twice in the active scenery which could be the reason for troubles. Maybe, in case of EDDT Pro these exclusions are needed now to have full autogen and vegetations?!

I will post two shots with and without the aerials later.

mfg Kai

• Developer

So,

here a fix for all reported issue I have read, please give it a try. Following issues are addressed here:

- Autogen missing (with Default or whatever Global addons you have around)

- Streetlight Dots in the Airportarea should not existing anymore

- Position added in the Mil Area (as far as possible, because they seams to park in different forms there)

- Airlinecodes added (even when it makes no sense in Tegel, most position are more or less used from every airline)

- In EDDTConfig is an Option added to switch the Photoreal Area around the airport On/Off

Unzip the attached file to the Mainfolder of Berlin Tegel below the <P3D>\Ecosystem\Aerosoft folder and replace the old files.

Please give a short feedback, so that I can send the files on Monday to Aerosoft, so that the can replace the Installer

Fix for Berlin Tegel Prof P3D V4.zip

Yes, I used this term. But not in a negative sense and: I didn't use a name!B) But you're right Oliver, I meant you. But see it as a compliment. I have the feeling that you are nearly the only one who is able to move old things, written in an FS9 -like code, to a modern P3Dv4 architecture, especially old things coming from the GAP-team (EDNY, EDDS and so on). And almost everytime if a problem appears after releasing a software you are the one who make a fix; a kind of "AS firebrigade". Thats why I use the term " Haus -und Hofprogrammierer". 

mfg Kai

Applied fix, everything fine now. Many thx to the AS "Haus und Hofprogrammierer" (sth. similar to the 'supplier to the royal court', e.g. a label of excellence ;))

Rgds

Tom

• Developer

Hello Kai,

I work together with the GAP Team, Sim-wings and PADLabs to bring there Sceneries to the new Sim, but in the most cases, the Teams provide the FSX Models, I am responsable to bring the 3D Models into the optimized V4 code, as the Engine of V4 internal handle the code differnet then V3 and the old FSX.

And I provide the technical things, like Runway/Approach lights, Season switching, Jetways and Traffic Animations for the Professional Serie.

But I am not a 3D Modeler.  So all this is a Teamwork, the 3D Modeler do there part, I do mine.

As all BGL files (expect Photogrounds) goes through my hand, I am the person who can and must fix the things. And when there are things happen, which we miss, we will fix it as far as we can reproduce it (what is not in all cases possible) and, when P3D V4 goes in the next round (hotfix or new subversion) we expect that some parts maybe needs our attension again. The FSX was a fix plattform 10 year now, where we know all issues, so after some days after release, the project could be closed.

As this is not our hobby, it should be clear, that the day and weeks every airport needs and will maybe need for the lifecycle of V4, cost time and time is money, we all need to live as the customers needs it too. So it should be clear, that such an update could not be free (as other person specialy in the german forums expected). We request a small upgrade fee, less then one packet cigarrets costs today and we hope, that the small counts of customers the FS scene has today will regenerate the costs. Otherwise we must say goodby and work in other IT areas.

I hope that respectless people we saw today in a german thread (not you Kai) and in other german forums will get a clear feedback from everyone, that things don't happen itself, there are people behind and the tone we see there is not a motivation to invest life time. But I am in the scene since early 90th and I have learned, that the most person are fair and this are our customer, but they will not be seen in such forums (anymore).

With the Professional Serie we try get back to old times, where both sides can be happy, developers and customers. When there are technical issues and they are factual and comprehensible posted, I am looking into it.

Nice weekend.

Thanks for your explanations, Oliver.

I don't like these aggesive tunes in the forums too. In german we say: "wie man in den Wald hineinruft, so schallt es heraus". Nobody wants to be treated in a bad way and thats why he shouldn't do this with others. But maybe we are too old; sometimes I have the feeling that the tone is more roughly today. But this it not mines.

And of course you are right that work has to be paid. In my job this is a rule and in yours, of course too. Yes, for me this is a hobby and people like you make this possible, thanks a lot! Hopefully you don't loose your motivations for pleasuring ourselves:lazy_s:.

With many interests I read your explanations about sharing the work you do with other developers. Everytime it is interesting to hear in which way an addon is created and to know coherences can help avoiding misunderstandings.

A nice weekned for you too.

mfg Kai

vor 3 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

With the Professional Serie we try get back to old times, where both sides can be happy, developers and customers. When there are technical issues and they are factual and comprehensible posted, I am looking into it.

Thanks from my side for the explanation, too.

I have been certainly among the first  Aerosoft customers, still have the Prof. Sundermann FS4 Germany sceneries on my shelf. I am more than happy if Aerosoft is "trying to get back to old times". Count me among those being thankful for taking up the ball again. I for one am prepared to pay what I consider a fair upgrade fee to get my AS scenery collection up to date and into Prepar3d4.

Kind regards, Michael

Just made a short text flight from EDDT with FTX Germany North and using the Photoreal off option Autogen is in place again.

Thanks for the quick fix and kind regards,

Michael

Archived