wezhei

CRJ Manger and center of gravity

wezhei    0

Hello to erveryone,

I recently bought the CRJ 700/900 and being now on my waya to learn to flight this beautiful plane. Currently I'm struggling with an issue I do not understand. I start the CRJ Manager and begin to make my payload settings. Now the suprising thing to me is that if I 've the empty plane it displys a COG of neg. 88.32% an a neg. TO trim of -5.08° (see pic. below)

59b281e10a26b_crj900empty.thumb.JPG.d1392e719369076d240809ec2653772f.JPG

This even gets worse whe i fully load the plan then I end up with a COG of neg. 1341% MAC and a TO Trim of -221.46°. Dose anybody have an idea what's going or what I'm doing wrong?

best regards

Heinz

59b281e1752e6_crj900full.thumb.JPG.54cc63b42b03a5ce94cc4ff069177104.JPG

BuddyDog    27

In looking at your second screenshot, you need to enter weights for the forward and aft cargo holds in the payload section.

Next, enter the flight distance, flight level, alternate distance, alternate flight level, reserve fuel and taxi fuel in the flight section.

Once you have entered that info, press the calculate button next to trip fuel, which should give you the block fuel, CoG and TO trim settings.  Note that trim setting may not agree with "Dave's" trim calculations.  I usually set the elevator trim on Dave's numbers.

• Upvote 1

I concur with BuddyDog (upvoted). I was a little confused at first too, but literally just fill in the blanks with all your variables in the payload and flight section, and then press calculate. There will be a slight difference between DAVE's data an your own, but nothing major.

Good luck and enjoy!

Regards,

Marco

wezhei    0

Hi marcognition and buddydog,

tried what you recommended, but unfortunate no success, besides very minor changes the COG and Trim still about -1200% / -166°. Do you have any further recommendations for me?

regards heinz

andyman977    3

I noticed that despite me changing the interface to Imperial Pounds, it was still treating the units as KGs. For example, the max value I could enter for fuel was ~8800 lbs, when the CRJ-900 can carry ~19,000 lbs.

Hans Hartmann    1424

As mentioned in other threads, I'm still on the road and will not have the chance to look into this before the weekend. But I will once I'm back home.