Manual Flight - Bank/Turn issue

Hi, firstly, nice job on the aircraft. However wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue:

In manual flight, I follow the flight director, the aircraft banks normally but turns very slowly (20deg bank only gives 1 degree turn rate per 2 or 3 seconds.

Then after a few moments, it's like the aircraft tries to catch up to where it should have been had it turned normally, turns excessively and dips down hard. 

---

P3D v4, with active sky but winds no more than 10-15 knots, FSUIPC and SPAD.neXt

Aircraft was per the version available after purchase earlier this week.

Thanks in advance..

Martyn

34 minutes ago, metzgergva said:

I have never used SPAD.next and I would like that you test without. Just assign your stick or yoke via normal axis and see again. 

Do you use pedals too?

Thanks for getting back so quick. all axes are assigned via FSUIPC, SPAD.next is to support the saitek multipanel.

I'll try nonetheless soon, will try to capture the behaviour on video as well.

Hi Alexander, I have tried this with SPAD turned off but can still reproduce the behaviour, both in manual flight and in autoflight.

Following link is a clip where you can see in manual flight how between 288 and 283 degrees it just doesn't turn, but then completely runs away.

https://streamable.com/cplaq

EDIT: also mind the FD que behaviour at 266 degrees.

• Developer

I wonder if this comes from wind gusts that AS are introducing. To check this, just fly with no weather and see if it turns then correctly. If you have crosswind with a high variability the effect may be as you see it.

Spot on, without weather no issue. Was able to pinpoint this further: it seems that the AS 'Enhanced Turbulence' feature causes all sorts of effects on flight.

Following is with AP on with no manual control inputs, but switched between enhanced turbulence off and on. https://streamable.com/yz10s

I'll switch this feature off with the CRJ , though note that I don't get this effect when flying other aircraft. Perhaps you could add this to the manuals for future users?

Thanks!

On 9/7/2017 at 12:47 PM, metzgergva said:

I have never used SPAD.next and I would like that you test without. Just assign your stick or yoke via normal axis and see again. 

Do you use pedals too?

It's the same without SPAD.next, which wouldn't/couldn't affect this anyway.  Same with or without ActiveSky running, or with/without Enhanced Turbulence which also wouldn't affect this.

This is a known issue that was reported some months prior to release (but looks like was never passed to metz).

Best wishes.

Archived