Italian Upper Airways

Hello,

what is going on with the Italian Upper Airways? It seems that Maximum Altitude is FL335 for majority (if not all) airways in LIRR and LIMM UIRs. Follow up question, how can I check list of available directs from a specific fix (approved within European airspace).

EDIT: I have checked Navigraph's and PFPX's charts and Navigraph's charts do not mention such a limitation. For illustrative purposes, please see attached screenshots (M733 between MINKA and CORSI)

Thanks!
Andrej

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Hi there,

1. As far as I know, Italians airspace is a Free Route Airspace above FL335 since AIRAC 1613, meaning that above FL335 there will be no airways and you need to use DCTs instead. However, with a RFL below FL335, you still need to use the

typical airway system.

2. These DCT segments are published as part of the RAD (Route Availability Document) of the Eurocontrol. You can find the document on this site. Select the respective AIRAC on the left and you will see a list of documents.

You are looking for the "Appendix 4: Enroute DCTs / General Limits". I recommend that you use Microsoft Office Excel viewer. 

Then you can just open the document and use Ctrl+F to search for the name of the specific waypoint. Of course you may specify your search as well.

datguytho is correct, Free Route Airspace is implemented across Italy above FL335 and the directs are not included in AIRAC.

I suggest you download and install the 'PFPX RAD Restrictions and Directs' file available from the download section of the forum.

Hello Stephen and datguytho,

thanks for your help! I was not ever that FRA can be so complicated. :) I have installed the updates and I am currently reading documents from the Eurocontrol.

Cheers,

Andrej

Archived