Steam Edition and Packaged Edition

Tanukichi0184

I use steam edition, friends are using packaged version. My Airbus uses the download version of steam, and friends are using the DVD version.
I attempted to connect the CFD but it was not connected and I and my friend could not solve this problem.
Can not do CFD on steam download version and DVD version?

• Deputy Sheriffs

CFD works with EVERY current Airbus variant. You most like have some network problem. 

Have you all followed the suggestions in the CFD guide being provided through a pinned topic in this forum? 

Me and my friend confirmed that UDP ports 6881 and 6882 are opened correctly. We also confirmed that each other's global IP is accurate and there is no problem in input. But I could not connect.
I could not connect even using Hamachi, and even if I disabled each other's firewall, I could not connect.

Following the advice given by Mr. Tom, I carefully read the forum, but I could not get enough information to solve the problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you can't connect then there is something blocking the communication. 

If the ports are correctly opened/forwarded in rout both routers and you have the Windows firewall disabled, I would guess your anti virus software also comes with some sort of firewall. 

The CFD guide links to a port connection tester. You and your friend should use it to verify that both ports are really open and accessible. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ping ist of no help here, Fabian. The dedicated ports need to be checked. That's why I pointed to Daves excellent CFD guide and the port connection tester. 

Thank you for your reply.
There was an indication that a friend from me ping failed to send, I reviewed the firewall settings and tried connecting again, but this time I could not connect.
In my display it was not Connected, a friend indicated that it was Connect Error.

1. Tell each other's global IP and enter
2. I started FSX: SE. Friend launched FSX.
3. Load A 320-214 CFM on the same runway at the same airport and match the states
4. I pressed Connect Flight Deck, I connected with Master. Friends are connected by a slave.
5 My display is indicated as not connected, and a friend displays a connection error.

Now that my friend is offline, just send me a screenshot.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you connected directly to the Internet or is there a router in between? If so you have to tell your friend your public IP address and configure a port forwarding within the router to your local/private IP address. 

This is true for your friend as well. 

Thank you for the information provided. 

We've had several reported issues by those who have downed the Steam version of the A320/A321, and where Connected Flight Deck is concerned we have not had the follow up from those reporting issue to confirm, but I have good reason to suspect there may be some file placement/allocation issues which result in Connected Flight Deck not working as it should. 

Maybe Tom knows, but I don't know anyone who has the Steam Version of the A320 Series who has flown a Connected Flight Deck session. I don't have the Steam version, so I am unable to test this myself.

My recommendation is to request a refund from Steam, and then re-purchase the Airbus from Aerosoft.  You can provide them a copy of this message if you like, it might help.

When you install the Aerosoft version, be sure to disable your computer security and right clock the the installer and run it "As Administrator".

Please follow up with us to let us know how you make out?

Many thanks and best wishes.

I am thankful to Tom, Fabian, and Dave.
Me and my friend also reached the same conclusion as Dave.
I will consider taking Dave's advice and getting a refund.

Thank you for taking the time for me and my friends.

Hello. Today I wore it for a wonderful announcement.
I knew the sale of Aero Soft and bought Airbus.
Steam's refund could not be made because it exceeded the playing time limit, but I am satisfied because I got the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful products of AeroSoft.

And me and my friend succeeded in connecting beyond the difference of edition.
Together with my friend, I will go to the test flight from Kansai International Airport to Narita International Airport.
I thank everyone who supported me. Thank you!

We are VERY HAPPY to hear that  you guys are finally able to fly Connected Flight Deck!

Our sincere apologies for  your past troubles, but I'm happy we were able to help you.

Best wishes for happy flights!

• Tom A320 unlocked and locked this topic

Archived