CRJ 700/900 CTD

Rielious

I just bought the CRJ today. Followed the "recommended" install procedure, ie; turned off my anti-virus, and ran the install under "Admin". Rebooted my computer, Fired up my P3D ver 3.4 and started a flight. After completing my flight plan, and pressed the start icon. I immediately got 2 error messages.

1. FMS Error - cannot read the Airport.txt

2. Sound System Error - All of the Wav files could not be found.   

I acknowledge all of the errors and the flight continued loading. Once loaded my screen froze and then CTD. I went through the forum to see if these error were already reported. No such luck. So I am asking if anyone else has ran into this problem? and If so, is there a fix. Aerosoft Ver is 1010.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Considering that this forum is primarily served by other simmers who volunteer their time, experience and knowledge to help with other's issues, and not all of them have the CRJ, it's poor form to conclude that 23 hours without an answer to a problem that no one else reported is grounds for a bad review. Looking at your four earlier posts shows that as people who can knowledgably assist you do so, this forum indeed works.

I couldn't agree more with Herman. This is a great place where fellow simmers help others, sometimes it takes a bit longer, it has happened to all of us. I'm a moderator over at Avsim and the spirit over there is the same, we're all family. I wish I could help you, but unfortunately I'm still on FSX.

I'm sure someone will help you find a solution.

Cheers,

Pete

Rielous, my guess is that you have a fatal download error or corrupt files.  Uninstall and clean out all the folders In P3D4 itself, Roaming, Documents and I don't recall if there are any in Program Data.  RE-Download from you account at Aerosoft, and reinstall.

If all else fails re-install the guru's say.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Also, clear your browser cache and if you didn't before, use the German server. The other precautions you took, such as turning off AV and installing as Administrator, you should definitely do again.

I also moved this to a more appropriate sub-forum for you, as there is no support of the kind you need on the General Discussion threads.

On 7.9.2017 at 4:24 AM, Rielious said:

All I can say is that something went wrong with the installation.

Please check for the following files:

• <P3Dv3 Folder>\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\NavData\Airports.txt
  • <P3Dv3 Folder>\Ecosystem\aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\Sounds\APU.wav (or any other .wav file)

If these files don't exist, something went terribly wrong during installation. In that case, I would first try to uninstall the CRJ, make a clean reboot and then reinstall the aircraft. If the files still don't exist after a reinstall, it has to be some external factor that stops the installer from creating the folders and copying the files (write access? anti-virus software?).

The following crash is just the consequence of half the files missing...

On 9/8/2017 at 5:28 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

On 9/6/2017 at 8:24 PM, Rielious said:

All I can say is that something went wrong with the installation.

Please check for the following files:

• <P3Dv3 Folder>\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\NavData\Airports.txt
  • <P3Dv3 Folder>\Ecosystem\aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\Sounds\APU.wav (or any other .wav file)

If these files don't exist, something went terribly wrong during installation. In that case, I would first try to uninstall the CRJ, make a clean reboot and then reinstall the aircraft. If the files still don't exist after a reinstall, it has to be some external factor that stops the installer from creating the folders and copying the files (write access? anti-virus software?).

Thank you Hans for your help. I have the CRJ running now. I really didn't do anything different in my reinstall other than making sure there was no leftover files still in the directory from my uninstall. Now comes the fun part, learning all of the systems to fly the aircraft safely. Cheers.

Archived