CRJ Planner VS DAVE Weights

Hello,

The CRJ is great and DAVE is an excellent tool but I'm a little confused about the math performed in v1.0.1

When I use the CRJ manager to load PAX, cargo and fuel, the weight numbers match to the P3D weight and balance numbers but if I do it this way, the DAVE numbers are incorrect. By numbers, I mean the resulting ZFW and GW. The PAX result in DAVE is also sometimes different but as the manual explained, this is normal due to passengers not weighing the calculated 84kg.

If I use the CRJ Manager, I see the that what is inputted there matches what P3D receives as W&B, so I end up by only using the Manager and having to look up the Trim and V-Speeds in the accompanying PDF.

If I use DAVE, all calculations seem wrong, the numbers are not the same or appear off by more than 1000lbs if using pounds and more than 100kg if using KG.

My question is, are the two mutually exclusive?

For example, if I decide to use DAVE to load the aircraft then I also need to use DAVE to set the trim and V-SPEEDS and using the manual or manager values are wrong.

Conversely, if I use the Manager values (which match the P3D values) then I cannot use DAVE for VSpeeds anf Trim.

Or have I missed something in the manuals?

I'll send screenshots if what I am saying seems unclear but might this issue be a bug?

DAVE can't do math?

Here is an example ->

With a BOW weight of 22131 KG

+ Payload 3762 =

25893 KG ZFW - Not correct in FMC either

The difference here is 340 KG.

25893 + 4003 = 29896 KG and that's my TOGW. Is correct in FMC.

In this scenario, I only used DAVE and cross checked the numbers with the Weight and Balance of P3D.

If I only use CRJ Manager and don't touch DAVE, all numbers are correct and then I'm obliged to use the speed tables from the PDF since the V-Speed calculations in DAVE are also incorrect. Trim value would be read from Manager and not DAVE.

Please login to display this image.

Yes, but with DAVE you can load 70 passengers maximum (at 84 kg each) - not only 62 in all classes as with CRJ manager 

In this case I would load 66 passengers with DAVE.

P.S.: Those 4 left out will get a refund - not recomended if they represent the authorities.... leave some other 4 out.....and give them a refund..

Hans,

I am a new user of the CRJ700/ 900 aircraft, however I read this article and am a bit confused about Basic Operating Weight (BOW). Normally, this weight includes the pilots, flight attendants, all necessary on board equipment and oils, fluids, etc. to fly the aircraft. Aerosoft chose to use two flight attendants, which is normal for this aircraft, but the entire flight crew should be part of the BOW. If you meant to say Manufacturer's Operating Weight, then this would be without the flight crew, etc.

Thank you otherwise for a great product. 

Mark

Hans,

OK, my mistake. I thought that DOW was a typographical error for BOW. If that is the case, then you are referring to aircraft empty, with no flight crew, etc., which is correct.

However, any airline starts with Basic Operating Weight (BOW) as a minimum, because the flight crew is always on board, regardless of the number of passengers, baggage and cargo. But if this is how the DAVE system works, starting at the DOW, then BlueBaron makes a valid point, where DAVE and the CRJ Manager do not agree, as I have seen this also when calculating Zero Fuel Weight (ZFW) and Takeoff Weight (TOW) before a flight.

Respectfully,

Mark

• Developer

The difference you see is just a little difference of calculation. The LM starts from DOW, adds crew and then PAX and fuel and cargo. 

Dave starts with BOW which is DOW plus 4 crew (340 kg) and then PAX and fuel and cargo. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the replies.

I'm still a bit confused though. In the end, it would be nice if all the numbers 'match' in the sense that either if I use DAVE or the Manager, I can use the same resulting values for V-Speeds and Trim. As far as the 190 + 75 + 75 Kg not included in the defaults, should I change the default BOW to include this? I refer to the Default setting in the FMC.

I've resorted to not using DAVE for W&B and V-Speed settings.

Kind regards

• Developer

No need to change anything. Use the load manager for a detailed flight and load planning or alternatively use Dave for a faster way within the cockpit environment. Both calculate the right way and feed data into the sim. 

Archived