kikkilokko

kikkilokko

kikkilokko    13

Aloha!

My choice as an X-Plane flyer is the

Piper PA30 Twin Comanche

and should be classified as a historical flyer.

Still waiting for a ferry from California to London...

TwinComanche_3.thumb.jpg.42a82b8d5cb2e8e6bca7b9bc9fef4a7b.jpg

First leg stored...EGLC - HEPS...

TwinComanche_5.thumb.jpg.4211605b0bda1a0c661772aae94cc17a.jpg

And I think about a special livery for this event. Do we have an "official" logo for this challenge? ;)

safe landings

Lem

kikkilokko    13

Aloha!

Danke, Heinz! Endlich muss ich mir mal nicht selber was ausdenken, um nicht nur einfach herumzufliegen :) 

Damit kann ich auch meine eigene Ostwärts-Weltumrundung ad acta legen...die ersten Kilometer von Dortmund nach Dubai hatte ich zwar schon, aber danach lag das Projekt auf Eis...jetzt mache ich lieber hier weiter. Da ist die Motivation doch weitaus höher :D

safe landings

Lem

kikkilokko    13

Aloha!

Meanwhile my little Indian arrived in London at City Airport EGLC. This should be the closest airport to the Reform Club, 104 Pall Mall in London where the story began in October 1872.

I started a quick&dirty livery for our race with a little "logo" ;) which is not ready yet. I think about sthg to fill the gaps between the two text lines. Maybe I will draw the stripe through these gaps and that's it...tomorrow. Inspiration came from the little round pic in our club title screen :)

If anyone is interested to pimp up a livery feel free: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqmu6qurd69t8vt/logo.png?dl=0

TwinComanche_8.thumb.jpg.e0dfec3fff4dd524b4f93dda2845b8e8.jpg

safe landings

Lem

Hello Lem,

ich finde es gut das Logo. Habe es mir mal heruntergeladen und auf meine Cirrus malen lassen. 

Gefällt mir. Die Freiräume zwischen den Textzeilen sind nicht schlimm finde ich.

Mal sehen, was Du noch draus machst ...

Letzlich muss sicher Mathijs sagen, ob wir das Logo verwenden wollen ....

Auf meiner Cirrus sieht es so aus wie hier dargestellt.

Gruß Heinz

kikkilokko    13

Aloha!

Prepared to go to London from my base airport EDLM, still a few things to stow on the backseat...grrr looks like typical british weather...final logo version included and livery nearly completed.

edlm1.thumb.jpg.00bc58fde981d18f98c5cc72fe4572f6.jpg

edlm2.thumb.jpg.748e3326671cb855db1761f01874f3ff.jpg

for everybody who wants to use the final logo: 

logo_final

safe landings

Lem

• Upvote 1

kikkilokko    13

Aloha!

Sooo...visual preparation are finished. I'm quite happy with my new livery combination of realworld aircraft and own modifications.

My intentions for the flight:

I will follow the intructions from the plane's handbook part of performance specifications to fly with about 50-55% Power to cover a maximum distance up to an airport in this range.

image.thumb.png.3a52cc2f6b72de8e3e46383fc218488f.png

For my flightplanning I will use a map like SkyVector to prepare a leg alongside VORs or NDBs close to Phileas Fogg's original route. First part London - Cairo is already scheduled.

I would like to fly VFR as often as possible depending on weather and terrain. But 8-9 hrs flight without sleep are nearly possible so for a short recovery I will switch to a safe GPS controlled route.

Maybe I will stream most of the flight on my YT-channel and do a lot a screenshots for a cloud based photo collection ( with best results here in the diary :) ).

80days1.thumb.jpg.dea6285b22a6ad87a499d76f6f670357.jpg

80days2.thumb.jpg.719fe12170258983b0614df6bdc2cd34.jpg

safe landings

Lem

• Upvote 1

kikkilokko    13

Aloha!

Here my first stage EGLC -> HECA ( which is the nearest airport to Port Suez. Quick&dirty with SkyVector for rought orientation. Now I've to calculate the partial distances to find a nearby airport for my stopovers.

eglc_heca_map.thumb.jpg.e134ac59c875e353cf77998b4709d1ed.jpg

safe landings

Lem

kikkilokko    13

Aloha!

*sigh* I'm of two minds now because of the most recent developments...

Should I stay with my historic solution and fly the Piper Twin or...

...switch over to a ultramodern-hyper-dyper-super-duper-nerdy Velocity V-Twin from Aerobasque which just has been delivered to me as a self-assembly kit ;)

There's a lot of time to mount it and repaint it like the Piper...I'm divided.

The performance flying with economic cruise speed is nearly the same for range but it's faster...and more luxurious :) maybe one of the large screens is prepared for TV reception for boring long distance route legs :D

velocity_7.thumb.jpg.16118bb00c653926a61ad70869a3f056.jpg

velocity_8.thumb.jpg.7d09da220ed9fac8a9e3dd00a6443a37.jpg

...and Velocity is not a synonym for Münster as a velo-city ;) 

Maybe I will decide it on the last day and have both prepared...

safe landings

Lem

kikkilokko    13

Aloha!

Visual preparations have reached an advanced stage. My paint shop crew was busy with tricky paintings without any paintkit...awful pixel poker...

velocity_21.thumb.jpg.b832808c960225aa8f16ddd2b6d1551e.jpg

safe landings

Lem

• Like 1