Managed Speed problem in Open Descent

massa0606

Hi!

Situation: Cruising at FL370 (managed speed Ma 0.78) and at TOD starting descent in Open Descent mode. The speed remains managed, but the Bus does not maintain managed Mach number (0.78) until passing IAS/Mach crossover altitude (above IAS/Mach selector knob it says MACH), but maintains IAS (260kt) from time the descent was initiated. When crossing the IAS/Mach crossover altitude, IAS suddenly changes to normal managed IAS (297kt) and further speed management is correct. Tested with A319 CFM and A320 CFM v1.31. Did anybody else encounter this behaviour?

Mladen

It's been quite a while since I flew the Airbus (since rolling into P3DV4), but before that I flew it quite often and I don't recall anything similar to that.  Will remember to take a look at this in the upcoming Beta though.

Just completed a flight with A319 CFM on my test system (WIN10/64, FSX Steam Edition) and the same problem occurs during Open Descent, so I guess it is a bug. Please have a look and check. Thank you.

Archived