my CRJ-700 can't climb

Hi all,

While the CRJ-900 works fine here, my CRJ-700 can't climb. It is impossible to climb even at TOGA, more than ~4000ft maintaining 250kts. Any idea what is going wrong? I've tried 4 times and the same behaviour happens. The CRJ-900 climbs fine.

Could it be that you're using the CRJ Manager and not selecting the aircraft (CRJ-700 or CRJ-900) at the top of the manager before creating and sending the loaded values to the aircraft?  Have you tried assigning the loads via the tablet?  I would try setting an empty aircraft (except about 3000 pounds of fuel) and seeing how it works.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your reply. I don't use the CRJ Manager, I only use the tablet in the cockpit to load the plane. The loading was inside the range envelope. I loaded 24.4 tones of ZFW and 2.9 tones of fuel. 

Thanks for the additional info.

To be honest I've not done much with the 700, and tomorrow is my last day home until the following Monday so I doubt I'd have a chance to fly it.  I'm sure that Hans or someone else will chime in here.

Best wishes.

• Developer

Can you give me your actual aircraft weight? 

Observations: Fuel is very little and certainly not correct for a flight - just good for landing. Temperature is very high: 18C at 9000 ft.

I would need to check engine performance at that temp.

Do you see the ice warning by chance?

Thank you very much for the reply. 

There wasn't an ICE warning during flight. I have done the same flight now over  7 times and it is always the same. 

This is the flightplan I use to load the plane:

Please login to display this image.

And here is how I load it to the tablet:

• Developer

Thank you for providing this short hop. Are you using a weather program? I can try to fly the same over the next two days.

Can you try to fly the typical 250 kts below FL100 after cleaning up the flaps passing T speed.

Thank you Alexander for the reply.

I am using Active Sky for P3D v4 (ASP4). 

If I increase to 250kts, the plane can't climb at all above ~4000ft. It is weird cause it only happens with the CRJ 700. If I do the exact same steps on CRJ 900, it climbs normally.

I have the same issue with the 700 climbing and cruising. I did not had that issue with the last version. I loaded the flight with the tablet.

I uninstalled, cleaned all folders, restarted the PC (no antivirus is used btw), installed again. Same problem, now with the CRJ-900. I haven't tried the 700 yet. It can't go above 250kts at 2500ft. See picture:

It is really annoying, I've lost many hours without being able to do a flight. I really hope I get some support over this cause I can't fly the CRJ until this is fixed.

Looking forward for your reply.

• Developer

I have tried to reproduce your flight two situations. The first for the CLB at 9000 ft and the second for the CRZ at 20000 ft. In both cases I get sufficient extra power to climb or accelerate.

The thing that puzzles me are with your settings, which are not the normal ones for the flight situation. But I guess you tried to go for higher power settings to get a better performance.

If I do the same settings I get again all power I need to get out of those situations  non normal flight parameters.

I even put out the spoiler and would still be able to climb or accelerate.

For the third situation which would be a typical one with CLB and accelerating to 250, I have a pitch of 10° to keeping 215kts and climbing with 2400 ft/min.

I have no clue what would add so much drag to the plane.

Could you tra to just use no weather and just make a standard climb through 5000 ft at 250 kts with default loading?

Hi. Something similar came to me with a PMDG plane. It did not rise more than FL100 nor exceeded 250 KT.

The problem came from an incompatibility of the FSUIPC and the airplane.

The solution was to delete the FSUIPC assignments for that plane or within the FSUIPC folder the results that are generated when creating assignments for that plane.

I hope it can be of help. 

regards

1 hour ago, metzgergva said:

I have tried to reproduce your flight two situations. The first for the CLB at 9000 ft and the second for the CRZ at 20000 ft. In both cases I get sufficient extra power to climb or accelerate.

The thing that puzzles me are with your settings, which are not the normal ones for the flight situation. But I guess you tried to go for higher power settings to get a better performance.

If I do the same settings I get again all power I need to get out of those situations  non normal flight parameters.

I even put out the spoiler and would still be able to climb or accelerate.

For the third situation which would be a typical one with CLB and accelerating to 250, I have a pitch of 10° to keeping 215kts and climbing with 2400 ft/min.

I have no clue what would add so much drag to the plane.

Could you tra to just use no weather and just make a standard climb through 5000 ft at 250 kts with default loading?

Thank you very much for trying to reproduce the problem. I also tried with no weather and the same happens..

1 hour ago, Neftalí said:

Hi. Something similar came to me with a PMDG plane. It did not rise more than FL100 nor exceeded 250 KT.

The problem came from an incompatibility of the FSUIPC and the airplane.

The solution was to delete the FSUIPC assignments for that plane or within the FSUIPC folder the results that are generated when creating assignments for that plane.

I hope it can be of help. 

regards

Thank you Nefali. That could be something. But could you help of how to delete the FSUIPC assignments for only the CRJ? Does that mean that I can't use my control assignmens in FSUIPC? I only assign my controls through FSUIPC..

Hi.

In the MODULES folder the FSUIPC files are created. I do not know if I remember wrong FSUIPC.INI or something to simulate. Eliminate it and root out if that's the problem. Do not assign axis to the CRJ as it will not be compatible with the FSUIPC in some cases. Do it with the simulator controls.

Try and try to fly .... luck!

Hi, I just encountered this problem as well but was able to solve immediately. I hadn't had this issue when flying for the past few days but just now I was at 6000 and needed MCT to climb only at 1500ft/min. Turns out earlier today I had re-assigned an axis to PropPitch to fly a prop aircraft and forgot to make an aircraft specific config. As soon as I reassigned the axis to my spoilers, the aircraft started to climb again. Maybe this helps the team to debug.

Edit: has been and continue to use FSUIPC.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get it to climb either.

Doing a flight from EDDM to LPWA. Planned it in PFPX.

Aircraft never climbed at over 500 fpm and over 20,000ft only at 200fpm finally wouldn't go any higher than 29,000ft.

Autopilot on with speed mode engaged.

ZFW is 59,230 lbs. And started with 7000 of fuel.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Developer
On 7.9.2017 at 14:00, Neftalí sagte:

Hi.

In the MODULES folder the FSUIPC files are created. I do not know if I remember wrong FSUIPC.INI or something to simulate. Eliminate it and root out if that's the problem. Do not assign axis to the CRJ as it will not be compatible with the FSUIPC in some cases. Do it with the simulator controls.

Try and try to fly .... luck!

Can you tell me which axes you had assigned via FSUIPC? I'd like to look into this.

• 1 month later...

I am aware that I'm responding to a two month old topic, but I had the exact same issue today (version 1.0.2). I had axis assigned via FSUIPC for spoilers, flaps, throttle 1 and throttle 2 and the CRJ-900 just wouldn't climb. The issue was solved after I cleared the spoilers axis and the flaps axis in FSUIPC (I obviously should have tried one at a time, but I didn't).

• Developer
On 24.11.2017 at 23:45, heidem sagte:

I am aware that I'm responding to a two month old topic, but I had the exact same issue today (version 1.0.2). I had axis assigned via FSUIPC for spoilers, flaps, throttle 1 and throttle 2 and the CRJ-900 just wouldn't climb. The issue was solved after I cleared the spoilers axis and the flaps axis in FSUIPC (I obviously should have tried one at a time, but I didn't).

I noticed something strange regarding flaps as well. I'm still testing, so I'm not 100% sure yet if it's related to P3D v4.1 or FSUIPC. But this mostly caused the flaps not to move.

Can you check the FCTL page on the EICAS 2 display to find out if the spoilers are extended when you have the axis assigned?

Archived