Official rule book

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

must think this over. Sure sounds interesting, but I don't know if I'll have the time...

I'd want to do it in a Twin Comanche. It's got the range but it's slow for a twin.

Not sure if it'd count as modern or classic, seeing as production ran for 10 years from 1962 to 1972.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, SeanG said:

Would anyone be horribly offended if I sail, drive, and fly my way around?  I have a cunning plan ;-)

SeanG

I think that would be brilliant. We looked at trainsim etc, but never found it able to really travel distances.

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

For sure it would be an interestin alternative. Could you tell us more about your "cunning plan"?

I have added a little about my plan in the "Diary" section ;-)

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I think that would be brilliant. We looked at trainsim etc, but never found it able to really travel distances.

I started a "Round The World in Many Sims" trip in 2007.... sadly it's still not complete, but in that I used trainsim (the original MSTS!) on as many routes as I could stitch into my story... Of course I was trying to include as many different sims, modes of transport and even "platforms" (PC, XBOX, PS2.....) as I could, while staying with the common "story".

I also like to use FS9 for things other than flying... so ships, busses, hovercraft etc etc... part of my simulation madness ;-)

Really looking forward to this!

SeanG

Dear Ladies and Gentleman,

what a surprise, the letter of this challange. A great honor to fly this race with you.

My copilot, Captn Mops (my cat) wants to be my navigator.

I want to take the PBY for the Flights, but Captn Mops tells me, we need a fast plane and an aggressive flightstyle, like (the unforgotten) Wild Bill Celso.

So we will take the P-40, the newest deadly Fighter; very fast, with a drobtank and we can take a lot of cat feed in the ammoboxes in the wings. The ammocases for the cal. 50 in the middle... ah, its allways a good idea, having two cal. 50 if there is trouble.

more at the diary.

(sry for the bad english)

best regards

PeSt

Hi,

Thank you for this interesting invitation. I will surely participate. It will be the first time I will do such project and I'm sure that I will learn a lot from many of you guys.  A few words on me: I'm from Gatineau, Québec, Canada. Most of the time I fly North America. For me, it will be a great experience.

More info to come in the diary.

Regards,

Jacques

7 hours ago, avgo21 said:

Hi,

Thank you for this interesting invitation. I will surely participate. It will be the first time I will do such project and I'm sure that I will learn a lot from many of you guys.  A few words on me: I'm from Gatineau, Québec, Canada. Most of the time I fly North America. For me, it will be a great experience.

More info to come in the diary.

Regards,

Jacques

I fly mostly out of YHZ (my hometown) so this will be good way to stretch my wings as well. Looking forward to some of those desert and tropical take offs.

• All flight periods start at midnight and end at midnight (GMT time) and the route must be completed in that period. The event starts at 8:45 p.m. on 2 October and ends at the same time on December 21st.

So if I start 8:45 PM GMT in London I have a maximum ETE 3:15 to end that flight at 00:00 GMT? Or is this per 'London to Suez; Oct 2 - Oct 9'? So I can start my flight at 20:45Z 2nd of October and start earliest from Suez 00:01Z 10th of October?

I have the following questions:

1. Is it necessary to begin the tour on the 2.10? I could start only on the 4.10? (I'm in holidays)

2. Must I already commit myself today by which airplane I fly on which Leg? Or can I change during the tour also within the elective class?

• Aerosoft

1. I think the only date that REALLY matters is when you get back in London. If you are late we'll invoice you 2 million  UK pounds (that's the current value of the bet).

2 No, fly when you want and what you want. I'm a child of the 60, freedom rules. And I organised this so my rules (or lack of them) are final.

I would like to participate, that would be my first time.

I intent to use the AFG Sud Aviation Caravelle 6R. I think she can be considered historical ?

I hope to be able to follow till the end, but no commitment.

Is this OK, according to your rules ?

Thanks - Gérard

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Conan of Oz said:

From November 4 till November 15 I will be unable to access my system (traveling).

If I fly the Hong Kong to Yokohama leg early, will that disqualify me?

Just tweak your logbook, nobody will ever know....

Mathjis,

i only want to  say thank you,at first for this adventure, at second for all your work with your team to give us all the good things, the Cat (my all time Number One), the Bronco (my second love)  , Twotter and all the other stuff.

Best regards

Pete

Ok! Let's try this!

First time for me though, lots of doubts.

I undestand that that we have to choose a class before starting, but do I have to choose specific planes right now (Is that a silly question...?)?

Archived