Problem with doors in 1.0.1

Hello,

I have a strange problem with the CRJ doors since the latest update to v1.0.1. I am using a program (FSCaptain) that monitors the state of aircraft doors using Lvars. Until the latest update this worked perfectly fine. However, in 1.0.1 that program does not recognize the door status anymore. I checked that the Lvars are still the same and take the same values. I also reinstalled the previous CRJ version and the program worked fine again.

What could have changed in 1.0.1 that would cause such a problem? I could imagine that the CRJ now triggers some standard signals as well, which may confuse the other program, but I am just speculating. Any insight into what has changed would be very helpful.

Thanks and best regards,

Peter

Thanks for the reports guys.

I operated all the doors on my flight yesterday, and the only issue I had was that GSX didn't recognize the service door (right front door) was open thus the catering truck never deployed the food carts. The door opened fine however, so I don't believe this is a problem with the CRJ.  I'll investigate a little more.

Best wishes.

I'm also having this issue, but I assumed the issue was with GSX not being able to read the door configuration of the aircraft. I also assumed that FSDT would be giving us an update soon enough.

TBH, it's not a major problem. I just open and close the door again, and that seems to satisfy the GSX ground staff.

Really doesn't have anything to do with GSX...  For me, whenever I open or close any of the doors, FSX sees the status of ONLY the MAIN DOOR toggle....  So when I use Dave to open the main door, FSX sees the main door toggle OPEN.  Then i'll use Dave to open the cargo door, and while the animation shows the cargo door open, FSX sees the status of the MAIN DOOR toggle CLOSED.  Then i'll open the second cargo door, the cargo door will animate open, and FSX shows the main door is being toggled OPEN.  Then i'll open the service door from Dave, the service door will animate open, and FSX will show the status of the MAIN DOOR toggle CLOSED.  People keep reporting this as a GSX error, but it's just that GSX doesn't see the status of the door its looking for changing, because (for me anyway), ONLY the main door status is changing in the sim.....  Been that way from the start, only originally I could just hit the "open" or "closed" button a second time to toggle the main door to where it should be (I believe that may have been removed from 1.01??).

Setting GSX to "ignore" the exits works around this, but it still doesn't fix just the main door being toggled within the sim....  Again, at least for me....

• 2 months later...

I have just tested the doors with the recent update 1.02. It appears the problem has been fixed. I have only one data point so far, but at least in that case the doors worked perfectly fine. 

Peter

I was too quick with my report: the problem with the doors is still there. However, it appears that everything works fin if one uses Dave to open/close the doors rather than Shift-E.

Peter

• Developer

I went through the whole door thing again and found a problem with the door numbers. The door animations are now properly back in sync with the FS doors which should fix the GSX issue as well (I couldn't test that yet)

Archived