Miracle but still some trouble in paradise

I have just completed a very pleasant short flight from Orly to Lyons.

Yesterday I reinstalled the CRJ but still ended up with the Hide the Yoke problem. I did a restart as a matter of course after the new installation.

Today with no further action I restarted the computer and v4 and the click spot works on both variants and all liveries.  But also reading the forum, I should have remembered from the manual, that Shift+Q does the same thing.  It almost makes the click spot a bit of overkill.  I apologise for being one of the whingers and moaners who had the solution always available.

Nav tracking is vastly improved but I am having two problems.  Acute angled turns are turned into teardrop turns that would bankrupt an airline, and even a greater than 90deg turn can still promote this indecision.

I am also having trouble transitioning from LNAV or even the Source changed to VOR/LOC1 to Appr.  I always ensure that I join the GS from beneath, but at the moment I am having no luck.  I will go back and check:  it may be my technique.

I am also getting mixed results with the new build, but it is still a vast improvement. The yoke clickspot is still spotty (sorry), and I had to use HDG mode on IAD - MSP once to get back on LNAV, but clearly things are much more stable than before. I will attempt an un- and re-install of the C++ redist and see how it works.

P.S.,

P3DV4, Windoze 10

The yoke click spot has been asked about in previous topics, the main way to alleviate this is to first load into a default aircraft/scenario and then load into the CRJ and your chosen airport. 

11 minutes ago, G Sproson said:

The yoke click spot has been asked about in previous topics, the main way to alleviate this is to first load into a default aircraft/scenario and then load into the CRJ and your chosen airport. 

And there have been plenty of people that have said that doing that did not alleviate the issue.

1 hour ago, macca22au said:

richcam:  I have never done otherwise, but problems have persisted, but now the problem is mainly resolved, and Shift+Q always works.

Which sim are you using? 

Does the mouse cursor change when you place it over the click spot?

Are you using any software (ChasePlane, Ezdoc) that modifies your views or are the modified in any other way?

v4 Dave, no I do not believe the cursor changes over the clickspot.  But the issue has slipped into irrelevance for me.  First the clickspot seems to work OK, also Shift+Q always work.  Apart from AS for v4, and GSX I have no other add-ons.
And limiting view switching has reduced CTDs to near-zero.

I've now had two completely trouble-free flights (other than my sloppy throttle management) after uninstalling and reinstalling the C++ 2015 redist - happiness achieved on my setup at least. Tracks RNAV at altitude nicely so far.

Archived