How to load the CRJ faster?

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble loading the CRJ before flight. My flightplan will always give me the ZFW and ramp fuel for every flight. However it seems unable to me to load these two numbers to the load manager or the tablet. Instead I have to manually increase/decrease PAX, one by one, and the same goes for cargo and fuel quantities. This can take a long time and is very uncomfortable. Is there a way to just input the ZFW and fuel values and hit load?

I'd be really like to know that. Thank you very much for your time.

4 hours ago, Ifikratis said:

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble loading the CRJ before flight. My flightplan will always give me the ZFW and ramp fuel for every flight. However it seems unable to me to load these two numbers to the load manager or the tablet. Instead I have to manually increase/decrease PAX, one by one, and the same goes for cargo and fuel quantities. This can take a long time and is very uncomfortable. Is there a way to just input the ZFW and fuel values and hit load?

I'd be really like to know that. Thank you very much for your time.

Vol 3 (Tutorial Flight), page 3-1-9 shows how to setup the CRJ Manager and transfer the needed numbers (pax, cargo, etc) into the flight simulator.

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply, however I've seen the tutorial and its not what I need. The tutorial uses presets for the weight and there is no way to enter just the ZFW and fuel, according to our own planning software (SimBrief or PFPX). To achieve the target ZFW you have to manually click and add/remove passengers...

I can tell you that Simbrief and PFPX fuel calculations are pretty close to one another, however they differ greatly from fuel calculated by the CRJ Manager.  I'm told I'm wrong, but in fuel consumption tests I believe the calculated fuel from Simbrief/PFPX are more accurate than what is calculated by the CRJ Manager.

I know that doesn't answer your question directly, but as you know it's all about the math.  So adjusting passengers, passenger weight, and cargo is what you'll have to do.  Remember that Simbrief and PFPX are different products created by different developers than the CRJ and it will take them a bit of time before they are all zeroed in.

Best wishes.

• Developer

Dave, the CRJ load manager is directly based on the data from an airline and the fuel consumption of the simulated CRJ corresponds to those data. Any "great" difference must have a cause.

6 hours ago, metzgergva said:

Dave, the CRJ load manager is directly based on the data from an airline and the fuel consumption of the simulated CRJ corresponds to those data. Any "great" difference must have a cause.

My friend, I completely understand.  Not sure why you're explaining this to me, but thanks!...  :D

OP, I assume you are looking for a way of doing it like you can do it in PMDG aircraft (ie, entering the ZFW manually). This can be done, but in a roundabout way. Here's how I do it:

First off, I don't use the CRJ manager any more. I realised it was easier to use PFPX (as I normally do) to generate my flight plan and work out the fuel load etc. Once that is done, in the sim, using Dave, I just set the fuel value as normal. To set the ZFW, I just adjust the pax and cargo figures until the ZFW displayed on Dave matches the ZFW that PFPX gives me. So the number of passengers displayed on Dave is irrelevant. The cargo weight is also irrelevant. As long as the ZFW is correct (or close enough) that is all you need. 

• Developer
On 9/1/2017 at 5:30 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

My friend, I completely understand.  Not sure why you're explaining this to me, but thanks!...  :D

Because of your following statement, or did I get this wrong?

I'm told I'm wrong, but in fuel consumption tests I believe the calculated fuel from Simbrief/PFPX are more accurate than what is calculated by the CRJ Manager."

Archived