Disappearing textures and scenery

Jonjo Robb

Good evening,

Unfortunately, I am experiencing some rather odd issues with my Aerosoft A320, which I am running on FSX Steam Edition with a Windows 10 64 bit PC. 

Whenever I load my A320 and change to an external view, I can see that the exterior of the aircraft is simply missing:

Please login to display this image.

If I choose to reset my flight through the FSX taskbar, the aircraft returns but the scenery around it disappears:

Another reset produces this bizarre cloud effect:

Following my final reset (after this point another attempt at reset results in a CTD), I am left with nothing but the surface of the earth:

These issues coincided with the installation of the Quality Wings 757. However, I have since uninstalled the Quality Wings 757, yet the problems persist. They occur in both day and night settings. I do not suffer from these issues with any of the default aircraft, or the PMDG 747 for that matter. 

Running in windowed mode or DX10 mode seems to solve the problem, however running FSX in either mode knocks my frame rates and so I am keen to find a solution for this issue which avoids a full reinstall of FSX and my add-on scenery. 

Has anyone come across such a problem before, and if so, do they have any ideas as to what might be causing it or what might solve it?

Any assistance would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Jonjo

PS - I do not think the specs of the PC are the problem here as all has run well before, but for those that are curious, I have a AMD A10-A700P CPU, and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. Graphics card is a 512MB AMD Radeon R6.

On 8/30/2017 at 9:50 PM, masterhawk said:

Do you also have this problems if you lower your

It looks like you are running out of memory.

I think you have hit the nail on the head - I lowered some settings and stuck HIGHMEMFIX=1 into my fsx.cfg file, and tonight I have successfully been able to take the aircraft from Heathrow to Charles de Gaulle without any issues.

Thanks for your help!

Jonjo

Archived