Mathijs Kok    22716

Phileas and Passepartout did the trip over the Pacific aboard the steamer the General Grant that obviously has more range than almost all of the aircraft available to us simmers. Now I could be hopeful and say the A330 will be ready at that date but .....

We got several options:

• I could try to get a good discount from PMDG for one of their long distance aircraft
  • It's a 22 day period and we could just decide that people have to find their own route as long as they are in San Francisco in time. 
  • We got the F-14 Tomcat that has inflight refueling

Any other suggestions?

DaveCT2003    795

We really need a Long Haul Shared Cockpit / Connected Flight Deck aircraft for this event!  Crew Changes?  Now that would be SWEET!  Maybe it's own event someday!

Er!k    198

A good discount on the 777 would be nice! Otherwise we indeed have to wait for the Aerosoft A330 or the Qualitywings 787.

mopperle    2409

Voting for option 2: People have to find their way over the Pacific Ocean. Using something like T7 is simply boring. ;)

• Upvote 1

harrry    4

Can ferry tanks be used if they could be in the original vehicle? (taking into account weeight.)

Vote for free crossing of the pacific. Not direct.

Do we have to fly the shortest possible from Calcutta to Singapore or can we go across the hump and down the coast?

The Tompcat can not be used as there are three passengers at least on that leg.

harrry    4

Those aare great, but as Turtle pack was not pioneered until the mid 80s is it suitible for historic aircraft,  I think I will have to use these fueldrums-300x225.jpgand give my copilot some exercise, at least because it is 1870 no environmental nonsene, I can throw them out the back door when they are empty to give more space.