Where Can I Find ROLIS 2L for EDDF?

dmwalker

FlightAware is showing ROLIS 2L for aircraft landing on Rwy 7L but I can't find any information, even at VATSIM Germany. Can anyone tell me where I can find it?

Thank you.

I can't find such an arrival in any of the charts for EDDF.

This may be a FlightAware fail. I honestly rarely see correct routings in Europe at FlightAware.

I am sorry if I was too cryptic. I have Mega Airport Frankfurt and I try to match flights from CYYZ to EDDF with my PMDG 777. I have the 2016 package of charts from VATSIM Germany and it has charts for other ROLIS arrivals but not ROLIS 2L. I thought it must be new and I can see it (ROLI2L) in the latest AIRAC 1709 but I don't know how to use it without a chart so I was trying to find a chart.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The track and requirements for the ROLIS 2L arrival appear on the 6-80 page of STARs for runways 25L/C/R in the NavDataPro chart set included with the MegaAirport Frankfurt Pro. That is, if you installed it as offered after the airport was installed.

[Edit: Clarified that the current (at this time) NDP charts only come with MA Frankfurt pro.]

I have version 2.0 for FSX, purchased in 2016, which came with charts dated July 2015; section 6 goes only to 6-30 and doesn't have ROLIS 2L. Perhaps you are referring to a more recent version. How could I obtain the set of charts which do contain ROLIS 2L? Also, why wouldn't the VATSIM Germany charts not have ROLIS 2L?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, I didn't know you were talking about the FSX version. It appears you're trying to fly a current arrival with a current nav database but without current charts. If you want the current charts, you can get a single cycle for $2.99 US from NavDataPro (link here) or from Navigraph (link here) or do a quick web search and you should be able to find a set for EDDF at no cost. With NDP being an Aerosoft product, that's the one I'd recommend and use.

As for the VATSIM charts, I'm not familiar with them, so I can't answer your question. Could be you just don't know where to look. For the LIDO charts, they're not listed by STAR title, but by the runway they serve. Just a matter of knowing what you're looking for.

I shall follow your recommendation and get NavDataPro. Thank you. If I have questions about how these EDDF arrivals work in real life, is this forum the best place to ask?

Archived