CTD when using the GPS

Gabriel1501

Hey there,

I was able to reproduce it several times. When using the GPS tool and zooming in/out on its map many times I get an CTD. Now I am not sure if this is a Problem with the GPS or with the route or any waypoint?

Any ideas?
Gabriel

Please login to display this image.

• 4 months later...

Using the Aerosoft Twin Otter´s GPS causes a CTD. This issue is not found with other aircraft GPS (default or addon)

The next video is unlisted to protect the product from a bad image.

Some details:

Twin Otter Product Version is 1.21
P3D V4.1

PC Specs:
Intel i7 7700K CPU
16GB DDR4 2400Mhz Kingston Hyper X RAM
Asus H270Z Gaming Motherboard
Samsung M.2 NVMe 250GB SSD
Asus Strix 1080 TI 11GB OC Video Card

Error Found on windows log:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.1.7.22841, time stamp: 0x59d67e95
Faulting module name: terrain.dll, version: 4.1.7.22841, time stamp: 0x59d67e0c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000316c7
Faulting process id: 0x1b90
Faulting application start time: 0x01d38fd6f3eeac64
Faulting application path: D:\Flight Simulator\P3DV4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Flight Simulator\P3DV4\terrain.dll
Report Id: 9251f80a-b4fc-4050-88be-f8d679375c0d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FF9B0E516C7

PD:

After trying other combinations, I disabled from my scenery library the Aerosoft´s LUKLA X MOUNT EVEREST FSX P3D (http://secure.simmarket.com/aerosoft-online-lukla-x-mount-everest.phtml) addon and the issue could not be reproduced (for now). Seems that Lukla doesnt like the Twin Otter´s GPS.

Will be testing further and advise back soon.

Best Regards to the Aerosoft Team.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can confirm that there is a problem with Lukla not related to the Twinotter. I also get CTDs from time to time (not reproducable) with other aircrafts when flying around Lukla. As the Dev is working on a new version for Lukla, do  ot expect any changes in the current version. of Lukla.

12 hours ago, mopperle said:

I can confirm that there is a problem with Lukla not related to the Twinotter. I also get CTDs from time to time (not reproducable) with other aircrafts when flying around Lukla. As the Dev is working on a new version for Lukla, do  ot expect any changes in the current version. of Lukla.

So, basically I bought two weeks ago a broken scenery to be used with the Otter for 19,99 usd? Will I have a free upgrade at least?

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, undergroundleo said:

So, basically I bought two weeks ago a broken scenery to be used with the Otter for 19,99 usd? Will I have a free upgrade at least?

Well as I wrote, the error occures randomly and can not be reproduced. And the scenery works for thousends of other users.

But maybe this fix for the Twotter solves the problem:

11 hours ago, mopperle said:

Well as I wrote, the error occures randomly and can not be reproduced. And the scenery works for thousends of other users.

But maybe this fix for the Twotter solves the problem:

Im sorry to say that it didn't solve it. :(

Archived