Unable to enter first waypoint

Hi,

FMS I'm unable to enter the first waypoint. (not in database) My flightplan is from Montreal (CYUL) to Halifax (CYHZ).  Here is the flightplan CYUL PLB COVAN RANGY BGR BGR81 CETTY and then CYHZ PLB is not in the database and BGR81 and CETTY are not found.

Thanks

Real

May I ask where you got that route from?  I've checked the route against recently flown routes between the airports and it's not found.  I also checked the charts for VOR PLB and I'm not able to find it or anything close to it.  Same goes for CETTY.  A few real world routes you might try can be found HERE.

Best wishes.

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

May I ask where you got that route from?  I've checked the route against recently flown routes between the airports and it's not found.  I also checked the charts for VOR PLB and I'm not able to find it or anything close to it.  Same goes for CETTY.  A few real world routes you might try can be found HERE.

Best wishes.

"PLB" was Plattsburgh VOR in northern New York State. It was decommissioned about 1 year ago. It still exists in the default FSX/P3D scenery, but would not appear in any current FMS NAV database.

There does not appear to be a CETTY waypoint anywhere in the world at the present time (August 2017), but like PLB, it probably did exist at some point in the past.

According the nav database, PLB is Palembang VOR in Indonesia (115.500). This would be more than 2000nm away, so it's considered "not found" by the FMS. I can't find a CETTY either. The only waypoint beginning with "C" in the Halifax procedures is CABOT.

Thanks for replying guys. I use FSX flightplan, that's why for sure. I think i need to use more real routes. Thanks again.

Real

Archived