[P3Dv4] Some issues with Mega Airport Rome v1.4

Er!k

Hello Aerosoft,

Today did a test run to the new LIRF airport in P3Dv4 and noticed a couple of things:

- I was landing on RWY 34R; no PAPI lights visible

- I was guided to gate 506; no SODE support for that gate

- Also VGDS was not working

AFCAD:

- Runways are double in the AFCAD (so twice 07/25, 16L/43R and 16R/34L)

- All spots defined as type RAMP GA, instead of GATE for the gates

Can you please look into this?

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 minutes ago, Er!k said:

I was guided to gate 506; no SODE support for that gate

I haven't checked yet myself, but I would assume, this is still valid:

Unfortunately the manual only states "Some of the jetways are animated by using SODE system." but not which ones.

One more thing:

It seems that Rome version 1.04 has been tested before the hotfix 1 of prepar3d v4: the appron lights are all upside down in my installation. Would be great if the rights files are provided as download. Alternatively, I can flip them myself but need to know which file(s) are the correct ones.

Please login to display this image.

That's strange then. I have re-installed the scenery, but the lights still are up-side down. Hope that someone can give me a hint which is the relevant file to convert.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can confirm the up-side down lights, but I am still on P3Dv4 release version. Hotfix 1 is still waiting for getting installed.

Okay Tom that would explain the up-side down lights on your system. My Prepar3D.exe shows build 4.0.28.21686, which contains the hotfix 1. So actually then the lights should be right but for some reason are not. I have identified the mkfx.bmp texture file in the texture folder of the P3D V4 effects folder but just rotating the image by 180° did not help. Maybe the developer has an idea.

Sorry, I thought the thread would be about issues with Rome in general and therefore posted my issue instead of opening one more thread about Rome.

Did not want to hijjack. It is just more economical than having a plurality of Rome threads. But moderator is free to put my issue in an separate thread if necessary.

No offence :) But what you see is that all posts reply on the last one (in this case about the lights), and the other issues in the thread are 'forgotten'.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

- VGDS is not working

AFCAD:

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 14 Stunden , Er!k sagte:

Thanks Tom, I remove that one from the list... Let's hope for more supported gates in a next update.

Hi,

here is a list of the SODE Gates at LIRF:

410, 412, 422, 432
503, 505, 507, 508, 509, 518, 528

701, 702, 703, 704, 705, 706, 707, 708, 709, 710, 711

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 14 Stunden , Er!k sagte:

Hello Aerosoft,

Today did a test run to the new LIRF airport in P3Dv4 and noticed a couple of things:

AFCAD:

Hi,

- I have PAPI lights

- SODE see other post

- I'm not sure if VGDS is modeld in P3Dv4, maybe @MK-Studios can give us some Info

AFCAD:

- I can confirm the double runways, one seems to be the stock one.

- I can confirm the wrong type designation

vor 2 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

Hi, no problem at my end. P3Dv4HF1.

I believe it is then the missing content update. I have only updated the client with HF1, but not the content. LM advised that updating the client should be enough but obviously it is not. The content also updates effect files. So I will test tonight, but I am sure that is the reason.

I have reinstalled the scenery and with the default AFCAD the PAPI lights are back. So I guess the double runways have something to do with them. Reason I don't like them is that they are all recognised by RAAS and can cause strange messages.

Tower coordinates and altitude are also incorrect in the AFCAD. The older AFCAD had the correct coordinates and altitude.

• Developer
18 hours ago, Er!k said:

Hello Aerosoft,

AFCAD:

Hello,

I'll check PAPI lights issue.

Not all jetways are supported by SODE - but you know that already. ;) 

VGDS is not made by us, we have to wait for answer from Olivier Pabst about this.

Regarding afcad:

1) Runways are doubled because every of them need one fake runway with invisible option to have the lights (this is to use core P3D lights with better visibility). 

2) Will check for spots and fix this.

3) Tower and altitude settings weren't modified in this update. I'll check that.

Spot light effect should work fine after HF1, as told above. That's strange you have this problem, maybe full P3D installation is recommended. 

Regards,

Mateusz

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 8/24/2017 at 2:18 PM, Cargostorm said:

I believe it is then the missing content update. I have only updated the client with HF1, but not the content. LM advised that updating the client should be enough but obviously it is not. The content also updates effect files. So I will test tonight, but I am sure that is the reason.

For me the client update from 4.0.23.21468 (Release) to 4.0.28.21686 (Hotfix 1) already fixed the problem of the light cones facing upwards.

• Deputy Sheriffs
22 hours ago, MK-Studios said:

) Runways are doubled because every of them need one fake runway with invisible option to have the lights (this is to use core P3D lights with better visibility).

TBH, Never heard of something like that being necessary. And I'm sure that other addons, like flighplanners relying on the AFCAD will get serious problems.

Archived