EDDF v2 Professional lights problem.

gianluk81

• Deputy Sheriffs

As for the stray lights issues, I didn't seen any with the Test 4 file, using my best attempts to find the locations in the OP's pictures. For what it's worth the picture was taken from one of the taxiway bridges leading from runway 07L/25R. The Orbx 3D lights are a reasonable height for roadway lighting and appear to be what was noted in the OP's pictures.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Hi Herman,

thanks for your testing and feedback. I am running out of ideas, how to remove the lights without removing parts of the river in combi with ORBX.

But one I have, please try it when you have time. Here I make only small excludes around the bridges to remove everything (what seams the only option to kill the lights), an I hope this don't effect the river. In default it doesn't.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 28 Minuten, OPabst sagte:

Hi Herman,

thanks for your testing and feedback. I am running out of ideas, how to remove the lights without removing parts of the river in combi with ORBX.

But one I have, please try it when you have time. Here I make only small excludes around the bridges to remove everything (what seams the only option to kill the lights), an I hope this don't effect the river. In default it doesn't.

EDDF Light exclude test 5.zip

No luck, the river is still coverd with land tile. Maybe it is an Idea to contact ORBX, what file of the "Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_EXX\scenery" is responsible. All 5949 files are excludes in QMID 7 size.

• Developer

Frustrating, but thanks for the info.

I don't see a change in the ORBX part as a good solution. Better whould be to know, which Excludetype can be used instead of  Everything to remove such lights.

Attached the (last) test, here I exclude the Roads in the Bridgearea, that could not effect the landclasses, but maybe the lights.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 7 Minuten, OPabst sagte:

Frustrating, but thanks for the info.

I don't see a change in the ORBX part as a good solution. Better whould be to know, which Excludetype can be used instead of  Everything to remove such lights.

Attached the (last) test, here I exclude the Roads in the Bridgearea, that could not effect the landclasses, but maybe the lights.

EDDF Light exclude test 6.zip

Still no luck.

• Developer

Ok, that mean, River ok, but Light still there? If so, i try to get infos, how to fix that. Until then we need to live with the lights.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi @OPabst,

one tought, instead of excluding the Vector lights might it be useful to suppress them with photoscenery? I mean at the Balearic Islands the lights are suppressed at the whole island.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 2 Minuten, OPabst sagte:

Ok, that mean, River ok, but Light still there? If so, i try to get infos, how to fix that. Until then we need to live with the lights.

River coverd with land tile.

• Developer
On 25. August 2017 at 2:41 PM, masterhawk said:

Hi @OPabst,

one tought, instead of excluding the Vector lights might it be useful to suppress them with photoscenery? I mean at the Balearic Islands the lights are suppressed at the whole island.

There is a photoscenery below, that is the funny thing.

But, I saw that there went something wrong with the last file, please try this one. The river should be back now, if the lights are aslo gone, we will have it.

Btw, the missing ILS equiptment will come back with SP1.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 44 Minuten, OPabst sagte:

There is a photoscenery below, that is the funny thing.

But, I saw that there went something wrong with the last file, please try this one. The river should be back now, if the lights are aslo gone, we will have it.

Btw, the missing ILS equiptment will come back with SP1.

EDDF Light exclude test 7.zip

River is back!!

I think there are now two lights back on the motorway.

• Developer

That look ok for me, as i don't exclude the complete Highway, only the area of the bridge. So when there are dot at the highway between the taxiway bridges, that is ok and as designed. 

But is should not be a dot above the taxibridge, that is the goal.

vor 6 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

River is back!!

I think there are now two lights back on the motorway.

Hello Bob,

I am also fighting with the lights in P3D v4 and I wonder how you get this superb night lighting at your first picture. I know that this is off topic because it's not a question about Frankfurt but maybe you are able to give me a hint. I am using Orbx Global, Orbx Vector and OpenLC Europe but the lights of the cities/towns and the streets are far too yellow and far to bright. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a solution with the lights configuration in FTX Central.

Kind regards,

Daniel

• Developer

Hi Daniel,

i understand, that you are interrested to know, how he get it, but please open a Thread under the General Discussion forum by link the post as you have done it here, Bob will read it. It is of topic and as we found the solution for the issue, I close it now.

• OPabst locked this topic
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Oliver, brilliant job of excludes on the lights and also fixing the land tile sitting on the Main just east of the locks with Exclude Test 7. With EDDF Pro, Orbx Vector and Europe LC all active, things now look just right. I flew around the entire perimeter at 40-50 knots in a helo at night and found only four lights that "could" be considered worth excluding. A fifth is even more minor. The first two pair of rogue (in German, I think "der Schurke")  lights behave very differently than the usual Orbx 3D lights. I can provide an explanation if you're interested, but that's why I call them rogue lights. I circled the problem lights in the pictures which include coordinates and I also tried to describe the location, along with hopefully enough background to identify the spot.

These two rogue lights are just south of the fire station that's between 07L/25R and the road bordering the north of the airport. The only problem lights are the two nearest the fire station compound. Everything else along the highway and roads looks great.

The next two rogue lights are just north of 07L/25R and south of the north boundary of the 07R/25L runway plate.

The third light appears to just be inside the exclude. It's a normal acting 3D light, that's part of the road lighting just outside the blast fence on the north perimeter of the main airport. Note the building ID in the right hand picture. Since it's the only one, it may not be worth the effort to exclude it. The 3D light you see in the blast fence gap behaves correctly. If I hovered just to the right, it would be hidden by the fence section forming the gate.

• OPabst unlocked this topic
  • Developer

Hi Herman,

thanks for the detailed feedback. Based on that, what we learned yesterday, how to remove the lights without effecting the landclasses, here a Version, where all ORBX (and other addons like that) generated lights in the airport area should be removed.

Btw, in germany no streets and sprecial no highways have streetlights outside the cities. In Frankfurt only the highway (A3) north of the terminals between the Frankfurter Kreuz and the east Taxiwaybridge is eluminated with streetlights.

So such a feature of addons is looking nice, but far away from reality.

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 minutes ago, lolocool16 said:

On the SP1 you plan to put SODE for the jetway? It would be nice to have 2 jetway on a long-haul plane ... :)

Please do not hijack topics with unrelated questions. Either open your own topic or use the forum search to find an answer to that question

vor 2 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

Btw, in germany no streets and sprecial no highways have streetlights outside the cities. In Frankfurt only the highway (A3) north of the terminals between the Frankfurter Kreuz and the east Taxiwaybridge is eluminated with streetlights.

So such a feature of addons is looking nice, but far away from reality.

Yes, that is the reason why I am not that happy with all the night lighting (UTX, OrbX, etc.). Even the smallest road far away from any town looks like rush hour in Munich :-)

Regards,

Uli

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's an interesting fact, Oliver and Uli. I for one hadn't thought about it until Oliver described it, and of course you're right. Very different than in North America.

So I guess it comes down to being more real or meeting expectations. Another topic in another area noted that a while back, and the consensus was that you'll never make everyone happy, so try to make as many of your customers happy as possible. "As real as it gets" was never a good slogan for simming. One good example of that is no right seater in almost any add-on aircraft. People seem to accept that, but will complain that highways aren't marked by a string of lights you can see from space.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Oliver, I just test flew the Test 8 file, and I highly encourage you to finalize it. Not only does it deal with the issues I pointed out with the four rogue and one other light, but it just looks better. Airports are dark places at night to help pilot's night vision, and you created that sense. Most of all, for me anyway, it just "feels" right. I think the balance you set between the string of 3D lights that Orbx and others have for the highways and lesser roadways, and the reality of what's lit up at night in Germany and much of the world in general, is really well done.

• OPabst locked this topic
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks. Just to confirm for you, the success of the Test 8 file is with Orbx Vector, Orbx Open LC Europe, and EDDF Pro all active.

Archived