Impossible To Follow the route

48 minutes ago, ROMAN78 said:

I can confirm LNAV issues with version 1.01.

What sim are you using?

When you installed version 1.0.1.0 did you try the procedure I've posted above?

Are you certain that you were in the Nav mode with FMS selected when this occurred, and you had a straight line drawn between the aircraft and the Direct To waypoint?

I can tell you that in  all the test fights I've done, I've never had this issue.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using P3DV4  and I'm certain I was in FMS1 with NAV selected. It happened after I flew the FOOOT3 RNAV dep out of KDEN-CYVR. I started making left turn then after I selected "DCT TO" It made a left turn at leat 50 degrees of course before It tried to correct. I selected Heading to correct then direct again but It did the same thing.  Quick update-----  I'm flying Direct METOW on the GRIZZ5 arrival into CYVR . Just tried Direct to and I didn't experience a deviation. The winds at FL360 are 305/39 with my heading at 299 degrees. Previously I had crosswinds when I tried to go Direct then I had the deviation. Not sure if those conditions cause that issue. I keep you informed. 

v/r

ROMAN78

I have uninstalled, rebooted (checked for existing folders, nothing was left out) and resinstalled

I tried another route:
KPSP13R TRM6 TRM DCT BLD J107 MLF QWENN5 KSLC34R

Right after liftoff , engaged NAV at 400 AGL, the FD commands a turn to the right, where the SID calls for a left turn heading 073 to intercept TRM R304 to TRM (as properly depicted on the CRJ ND though). After engaging AP the plane turns left (as expected by SID) and the FD commands the proper left turn. The plane continues on its heading of 075 and passes through the R304 radial from TRM (even thought the AP is in NAV mode) see pic below. The plane never attempts to fly to TRM, just keeps going on 075 heading. 

Please login to display this image.

I then proceeded to go DIR to BLD, the plane headed to the DIR waypoint, but did not intercept the course to BLM and continued on heading 343 (see pic2).

I was not using AS16 , just the Fair Weather theme from P3D. Something curious though, when I hit DIR BLM again, this time the plane stayed on course (and subsequent DIR to OVETO) . 

8 minutes ago, njflyer said:

(...) Right after liftoff , engaged NAV at 400 AGL, the FD commands a turn to the right, where the SID calls for a left turn heading 073 to intercept TRM R304 to TRM (as properly depicted on the CRJ ND though). After engaging AP the plane turns left (as expected by SID) and the FD commands the proper left turn. (...)

The reversed F/D logic in manual flight (= before A/P engagement) confirmed here:

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

For those having the Flight Director issue, would you please confirm for us the simulator you're running on?  FSX, FSX:SE, P3DV3.X, P3DV4 (and update version)?

Many thanks!

Hi Dave, 

P3DV4

Did the first longer flights in the CRJ just today, and can report the same. The LNAV seems to be completely unusable. Turns are massively overshot and on straight legs the aircraft just drifts away from the projected track just as shown above. This is more than disappointing for a product at this price with such a long dev time. If I could, I would refund, but as this isn't possible I just can hope that these and the many other things I already found on my first 2 flights (!) will be corrected somewhere in the future.

Route EDDF NOMBO Y161 MUN UM867 VAROB DCT TISMA LOWK, P3DV4 latest and AS16 weather.

Also interesting that the CDI on the lower picture shows a completely wrong indication..?

I have noticed that after a few flights the autopilot seems very sluggish when trying to track the LOC. I flew into KPHL earlier and it constantly overshot the localizer and it finally calmed down a few miles from the runway. It didn't seemed to correct fast enough, it just kinda lazily slalomed back and forth off course until it finally corrected itself only a couple miles from the runway. This is v.1.0.1 in P3D v4.

Also having the same tracking issues after following the install procedures. KMSP-BRNRD-GFK-KMOT with the CRJ-900, once it gets to a new waypoint it wont track the course. Sim is P3Dv4.

I only noticed that the "NAV" function did not track to the next waypoint when the next waypoint is distant (230+ miles).  P3Dv4, CRJ 10.0.1, ASP4, AivlaSoft EFB, ACARS running.

Flight plan is KFAT-KDEN,  YOSE1.CZQ..OAL..KROST..ILC..DVC.TELLR2

Aircraft tracks the waypoints up to ILC, then makes a R turn when DVC should be a L turn.  I use heading mode to reach that waypoint, plug in the STAR and it tracks the rest of the flight in NAV.

I have current Navigraph cycle loaded.

Running P3D v4, patch 1.0.1. I can confirm the LNAV issues continue to exist. Upon issuing a direct to a fix that I'm off course for (but was direct to in any case), the plane will immediately bank to the left. LNAV is not working in this fix.  

Appreciate your help in trying to fix it.

The same problem here on FSX:SE. LNAV is not following the correct route. Departing from LEMH, EPAMA1C departure, and aircraft is going right when it should go left to follow the 9NM dme arc. Also FD goes into a very weird attitude

I might have stumbled on something by dumb luck on my most recent flight.

I still have the intermittent issue with the FMS/PFD DME not updating, but it's completely random. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

However, it seems that every single time it does happen, the aircraft misses the next turn, either by turning too early and not commanding enough bank to stay on the path, or turning too late and "giving up". I have to think the two issues are related, and it makes sense.

23 hours ago, Fifth Business said:

Running P3D v4, patch 1.0.1. I can confirm the LNAV issues continue to exist. Upon issuing a direct to a fix that I'm off course for (but was direct to in any case), the plane will immediately bank to the left. LNAV is not working in this fix.  

Appreciate your help in trying to fix it.

Good Morning,

I completely agree with everyone. Something is wrong with LNAV tracking. I was wondering if the team could look into the LNAV issue pleasw. unless its been looked at already.  Thanks for all your help.

v/r

ROMAN78

Hello,

I'll keep it short:

• Having the same problem(s) with LNAV's attitude as previously described by others in this thread.

• Route: (CYYZ/06R DEDKI4 TULEG DCT SYR DCT LVZ LENDY6 KJFK/13L).

• Running FSX:SE.

Keep up the good work! 

Regards,

Marco

Still haven't seen this issue myself, after flying the aircraft several times a week for well over a year.

Made a flight today with the latest patch and the flight plan (departure) had close to a 90 degree turn that I flew at about 280kts.  Followed the turn spot on. Flew from Boston to Charlotte and the CRJ nailed the route the entire way.  I lived streamed it... check the forum for my post, which has a link so you can watch a recording of the entire flight.

The patch should be to you guys very soon.

Best wishes.

On 9/3/2017 at 11:41 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Still haven't seen this issue myself, after flying the aircraft several times a week for well over a year.

Made a flight today with the latest patch and the flight plan (departure) had close to a 90 degree turn that I flew at about 280kts.  Followed the turn spot on. Flew from Boston to Charlotte and the CRJ nailed the route the entire way.  I lived streamed it... check the forum for my post, which has a link so you can watch a recording of the entire flight.

Best wishes.

If you didn't have the problem we don't know if it's fixed unless other testers were able to duplicate it prior to the newest fix. It was supposedly fixed with this latest release. Not trying to poke the bear. Just eager to fly her again.

12 minutes ago, Irishcurse said:

If you didn't have the problem we don't know if it's fixed unless other testers were able to duplicate it prior to the newest fix. It was supposedly fixed with this latest release. Not trying to poke the bear. Just eager to fly her again.

I understand, and believe me we want you flying her too!  We're optimistic that you will be!

Best wishes.

Hello, 

I am having the same LNAV issues mentioned, which essentially make the aircraft unusable.

Route (KLAX to KBLI): LADYJ2 CSTRO DUCKE BORDY BTG PAE MADEE4

Sim: P3Dv4 with Active Sky 16

The aircraft flew the SID no problem. The enroute phase is pretty much a straight line, but every time a new way point was reached, the plane would begin a random bank to the left and get about 30 degrees off course before turning back on. In one case, it didn't even turn back on course and just kept a slight left bank even as the CDI reached full deflection. Attached are some screenshots that highlight the issue. 

Just my 2 cents, but in looking at all these screenshots (and in my experience) the aircraft NAV seems to have a problem when the 2 waypoints are separated by a good distance.  While Dave CT mentions no problems on his flight from Boston to Charlotte, I wonder how much distance was between those waypoints and were you using any airways (J thingys) between long distance waypoints.

Might I suggest one of the beta testers or support folks try replicating one of these flights where we have posted these issues, and see if they have the same problem? 

When I updated from 1.0.0.5 to 1.0.1, the instructions for the hotfix that Mathijs posted made no mention of uninstalling the previous version and said the new installer would overwrite those files.  Maybe this is not correct?  Would we be better off doing an uninstall and reinstall, including deleting the ecosystem and sim objects folders for the CRJ?

On 9/3/2017 at 9:41 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Best wishes.

Any news on when the hotfix will be released? Really miss flying the CRJ. Thanks!!

V/R

ROMAN78

20 hours ago, BuddyDog said:

Just my 2 cents, but in looking at all these screenshots (and in my experience) the aircraft NAV seems to have a problem when the 2 waypoints are separated by a good distance.  While Dave CT mentions no problems on his flight from Boston to Charlotte, I wonder how much distance was between those waypoints and were you using any airways (J thingys) between long distance waypoints.

Might I suggest one of the beta testers or support folks try replicating one of these flights where we have posted these issues, and see if they have the same problem? 

When I updated from 1.0.0.5 to 1.0.1, the instructions for the hotfix that Mathijs posted made no mention of uninstalling the previous version and said the new installer would overwrite those files.  Maybe this is not correct?  Would we be better off doing an uninstall and reinstall, including deleting the ecosystem and sim objects folders for the CRJ?

I uninstalled 1.0.0.5 before installing 1.0.1 and still had issues.

Archived