New to X-Plane

seaking677

Hi All,

I installed (DVD box set) just over a week ago and so far I've not been able to complete a single flight. It keeps crashing anything from engine start to an hour into the program. I've updated all the required drivers just in case but with no success. Any ideas anyone?

One other point, I loaded up to depart from London Luton as I waited in the queue for departure the SR-71 (default) took off banked to the right and crashed in the field then a (default) 737 landed wheels up and blocked the runway. Funny really, the only time the software didn't crash the God damn AI traffic does.

I have no other XP software loaded or freeware etc just the software from the initial installation.

Regards

Log.txt

Hello Seaking,

please turn off AI traffc and test if the crashes still occur.

In my experience, AI traffic is both instable and (due to X-Plane's restricted ATC) behaves silly.

Best regards

Mario

One thing to try if you have Nvidia card, is to disable Thread Optimization for Xplane in the nvidia control panel, Laminar do there own and they can get into fights, Usually just causes frame rate issues but did cause mine to crash a couple of times.

Very difficult to use the usual "halving" approach for error detection here, as your X-Plane has no plugins or addons installed that are usually the issue of crashs.

I notice you only have 6 GB of RAM. How much VRAM does your graphics adapter have? Maybe try reducing rendering settings to minimum, and test if this also crashes. If it doesn't, slowly enhance your rendering settings (until it crashes again).

You may also try to delete all the preferences in X-Plane 11 / Output / Preferences, although they shouldn't be corrupt in a naked X-Plane.

Also deactivate any background programs or processes that might interfere...

Hi Mario,

I think you've found it (or at least I hope), it's the RAM/VRAM or lack of. Reduced the settings and had my first complete flight.

To answer your question, I've got 6Gb of RAM and the card has 2Gb of VRAM. I'll have to look into expanding this at some point in the not too distant future.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Nigel

Archived