Elevation problems with Mega Airport Dublin

Jrgosland

Hi Guys

I have just installed Mega Airport Dublin along with Horizon VFR Photographic scenery for Ireland East.  On running FSX, there appears to be cliffs surrounding the approach to Runway 28.  Can any one shine some light on a way to solve this problem.  I have Mega Airport Dublin above the Horizon scenery in the scenery Library.

Ensure that your Aerosoft Dublin is at a higher priority level than VFR Horizon.

You can change the priority in the scenery options (not beside the PC, so can't take a screenshot).

Sorry Mathias, cant find any mesh configurator.  This seems to be a long term problem with these two products.  Surely Aerosoft or Playsims Horizon should have got this sorted out long ago. Very disappointing to have spent quite a lot of money to find that they are not compatible. 

• Aerosoft

I am sorry we are simply unable to do anything about this, it would be unethical for us to disable part of another party's product and to adapt our scenery to their mesh would mean the altitude of the whole airport would be incorrect. 

I remember having a similar issue with Dublin (and some default airports), it was either in an earlier version of P3D, or it may even have been FSX. I fixed it by disabling AEC data in the Orbx Global Vector settings.

I suppose the obvious question is, do you have Global Vector installed?

Hi Neal, afraid I don't use Orbx, I'm entirely on Horizon photo VFR.  I have the whole series from Vol 1 to 10 and this is the first time I have had any problems.  I have a lot of airport scenery mostly from UK2000 and they all work perfectly.

Archived