Is Tapatalk no longer supported?

Wise87

• Deputy Sheriffs

The forum software was updated the other day and as a consequence the tapatalk integration needs to be updated as well. As Aerosoft is currently busy with the Gamescom 2017 this might take a few more days to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

Still seems to not be working. 

Any chance you can move this up the priority list. I really like using Tapatalk to interact with your forums. 

Nick

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Currently we cant manage to keep up the support I m sorry tapatalk is so often behind with update to the most recent forum updates (that often include security changes) 
For now we cant offer a flowless integration of tapatalk I m sorry.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please don't blame Aerosoft for problems with software they only just use. The forum software had a major overhaul and that came with a lot of compatibility problems for existing forums. 

I use the same forum software for my own forum (not related to flightsim at all) and I was a couple of days busy to get the damage that update did mostly fixed again. 

Tapatalk was one of the problems, and I needed to include the support from the forum software manufacturer as also from Tapatalk. In the end it worked again, but to be honest I don't have much trust in it at all.

The Aerosoft forum uses a lot of extensions which surely are playing a role here. If Fabian comes to the conclusion that it will stay (broken) as it is, I am sure he hasn't taken that decision lightly while knowing that there are lots of Tapatalk users around.

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Wow, it only took almost 3 months to final say it can no longer work with Tap-a-talk.

Sometimes things take time. Neither you not I know about the efforts Fabian took behind the curtain to get Tapatalk running again. I am sure he included the above mentioned other support entities. Even that brings in unpredictable delays.

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

What really sucks is it was working perfectly fine before.

Yes, until the update of the forum software broke compatibility at quite a few spots.

Of Course one could say that an update should be tested on a test machine before its applied to a productive system. But the AS forum is not a lightweight forum. I don't know the exact size, but the last number I heard was above 100 GB, In a hosted environment you do not setup that easily a test system of that size. Have you ever noticed the duration of the downtime of the forum, while the an update is applied? The updater needs several hours to get through all those tons of GB, while an update of a small forum (like mine for example) takes just 1-2 minutes.

Archived