AES rip off

Hi there,

I'm not happy with this. I had credits assigned to Flightbeams KSFOHD, then Flightbeam updated to V2 (thinking my credits would be fine). No, now i have to assign more credits to the scenery which to me is ridiculous. That means that it would be 8 credits just for the same scenery, I have 2x creditpacks but for some reason it says I only have 1 assigned. This is an absolute rip off.

Cheers,

Josh

• Deputy Sheriffs

So while you are ok with paying update fees to scenery developers for their work, you are not ok to pay others to also have to put work into such updates?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Josh, not sure, but you might have missed something:
There are 2 versions od FBs KSFO:

- V2.0 supported since AES 2.13

- KSFO HD since AES 2.41

The release notes of 2.41 states that you need 2 additional credits for the new KSFO in case an older version is installed:

Please login to display this image.

So I'm not sure how came to the conclusion that you need 8 credits, as even in case you didn't have an old version you only need 4 credits.

Tom I dont think thats what he is saying.

I think what he means is that he assigned credit to one airport already and now because he updated the same airport to the latest version, AES is now asking him to assign further credit to the same airport. which doesnt seem right I would have to agree with Josh there.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That doesnt matter at all. When one dev updates his own software with whatever and this results in work that needs to be done by another dev not related at all to the other, so why shouldn't he get paid for his work.

But anyway i think that the opener is wrong with mentioning that he needs 8 credits.

I'm pretty sure my maths is fine thanks, I have Flight beam KSFO HD installed on my PC and had AES working perfectly until I updated a week ago that Flight Beam provided to HDV2. Then as you can see it has deactivated my credits and I have to assign 4 more credits to get the new version. 

And 4+4 does =8 so maths is on point actually.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Sorry, but that is a missunderstanding:

KSFO V2.x was the first supported Version of Flightbeam, which was not activated from you (DEMO)

KSFO HD was the second newer Version of Flightbeam, which you had activated (FULL), but not anymore installed.

KSFO HD V2 is a newest Version, not yet supported by AES.

I hope to get the time to get the scenery and check if we can make an Update of AES in September.

Is there any possible way of making it compatible with the credits already assigned, because I don't want to have to assign more credits, when I buy them to the pack that I already have credits for?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Similar issue here in that I had the original v2 version of KSFO installed which needed 4 credits. Now with the installation of the HD v2 KSFO scenery released in August by Flightbeam there's no AES functionality available as I understand the latest version of FBs KSFO scenery is not supported yet.

There was mention above by Oliver that September may be a possible AES update. Thx for any further news on this.

Regards

Mark

Archived