Glideslope Indicator: Hard to See

Fab10

Hi,

Is there any chance you could increase the visual contrast so that the glideslope indicator is easier to see on the PFD?

Thanks,

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

Maybe playing with the PFD brightness will make a change.

Check Vol1 Operating Manual Part1 page 1-1-15 for where the knob for this can be found.

Hope this may solve the problem.

Vince

It's hard to see on the real aircraft too! This photo is from a CRJ-200 that I maintain. It was parked in the hangar, and I was generating a simulated ILS signal from a NAV test set. The g/s diamond is exactly centered on the vertical scale on the right side of the attitude indicator. 

Please login to display this image.

However, all is not lost, as there is also (in the real aircraft) a g/s indicator in the MFD (when set to HSI mode) which is MUCH easier to see. I think it got overlooked during development. I believe it is one of the things on the "to do" list for a future update, but Hans would have to verify the timetable for adding it

Jim Barrett

What I'd recommend either calibrate your monitor and/or try adjusting your digital vibrance.  I made a flight in the most recent version today, ILS approach see it HERE), and it was just as visible as on any other aircraft model (I have most all of them). It is smaller, but can easily be seen, especially if you undock the 2D panel. 

Note that another aircraft hit me on approach during a VATSIM event and crashed my sim... I always have crash detection turned off, but I'd just re-created the Prepare3d.CFG and forgot to make the change. Idiot pilot came right over top of me without clearance and whacked my aircraft.  Just don't get me started about people like THAT flying on MY NETWORK!  ARrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!

Archived