DME Display and radial setup

hroelz

Hi all,

is there a way to display DME1/DME2 readouts on the PFD/MFD? I can show the bearings ("needles"), but I cannot find a way to show DME readouts as well (like it is possible in e.g. Boeing/Airbus/MD/Garmin etc).

Right now it seems to me that when NAV Source is FMS, I cannot display any conventional DME readouts. And when NAV Source (for the ILS) is set to LOC1 I cannot display the DME2 as well (maybe only via DME hold function)?

Also, is there a "preview mode" to preselect conventional radials while NAV Source FMS is still active, like there is e.g. in the Q400?

Best Regards,

Hermann

If you want to see DME readouts when the bearing pointers are active (with FMS as the NAV source), you would have to use the DME HOLD button on the radio tuning units. This is also the case in the real aircraft. This is only feasible if the radios are being manually tuned. As the name implies, the HOLD function locks the DME to whatever VOR was tuned at the moment the button was pushed - and will continue tracking that DME even if the receiver is then retuned to a different station. I'm not sure if the HOLD function will even work if the NAV receivers are in auto-tune mode.

There is a preview mode that becomes active automatically (in FMS NAV mode) when the localizer of a tuned ILS is being received. The localizer CDI will appear in the HSI of the PFD with blue needles, and you can see what course is selected.

Archived