Ridiculous System Requirements for EDDF P3D V4

Speedbird ATC

Why on EARTH does this scenery need 8 GB OF VRAM! Quite frankly, in quality it is very very average. I can name tens of sceneries that are higher quality then EDDF that do not have such outrageous requirements. You basically limited this product to only your customers who have top of the end PCs. I am honestly unable to justify spending 400 dollars on a GTX 1070 when I can get a 6 GB 1060 running nearly as well. Is 8 GB truly a minimum?

50 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Please check the system requirements of the plattform you use:

https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

When the plattform provider recomment 8GB + VRAM for the use of the plattfrom, how should a addon as additational stuff recomment less then that?

8 GB+ is RECOMMENDED. However, Aerosoft lists 8 GB as MINIMUM.

Well if it makes you feel any better. I fall short of two requirements (GTX 970 with only 4 GB VRAM and 16 GB DDR3-1600 instead of 16 GB DDR4-2666) and EDDF performs just as good as any other scenery I have and better than most (even smaller airports) in the "dynamic lighting" category. It performs at least just as well as it did during P3Dv3.

My complete specs:

i7-4790k @ 4 GHz (no OC)

ASRock Z97 Extreme4

MSI GTX 970 4GB

16 GB DDR3-1600

Windows 10 Pro 64

Do note that I consider myself to have rather conservative settings, but still above medium. I do not use a 4k resolution and I have all the goodies like FTX Global, Vector, ASP4+ASCA, Envtex, PTA, ...! I didn't test EDDF on PMDG/Aerosoft birds yet, but even with the default F-22 I get better performance at EDDF than some other airports considered P3Dv4 ready.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived