Pricing policy

abueren

Looking at the newest releases of the German Airports, there are price increases of 20-25% (Frankfurt and Stuttgart) for making the software "optimized" with the current P3D-plattform. Is this the beginning of a general price increase for all Mega Airports? I must admit, as a customer I would expect upgrades that don't even change the version number to be free.

I for one am happy to pay a modest price for compatibility with an upgraded platform (P3D v3 to v4) because it's almost certainly not as simple as you seem to think it is. 

Other developers like PMDG charge full price for a similar level of minor updates when the platform is updated. Their bogus claim of licensing as being the cause is pure greed. (I've had to purchase their VERY expensive NGX & 777 twice for: FSX & P3D).

I say bravo to Aerosoft who look after their customers better than any other. Keep up the good work and thank you.

Steve McLaren 

this is not exactly true...the upgrade by PMDG from P3dv3 to P3dv4 is completly free...not so is Aersoft as they stated few months before that it WOULD be free.and i personal think an upgrade for a plane is more complicated then a scenery..

• Aerosoft

Please keep in mind that what we do is NOT only making it compatible with P3d V4 but also updating nearly all code and most of the graphics.  And you can install the result in FSX;SP2, FSX:SE, P3d V3 and P3d V4 as many times as you like. 

maybe but i think every developer has to update the code for 64 bit...some do it for free others don´t. i just don´t like how you changed your mind after giving a wrong promise not to charge for update  and wait until many people changed to V4. and now after switching from FSX to P3dv4 (which u said will be the future) we have no choice than paying. but i admit the upgrade price of 6€ is ok for 1 airport.but most users have plenty of mega airports this also getting expensive. but since it takes a looooooong time for you to upgrade them all, for most people it will be ok :)

• Aerosoft

If you check the preview forum you see an extensive explanation for that. 

And what we do, as I tried to explain, is NOT updating for 64 bits, in fact almost nothing has to do with that. It's a complete overhaul of the software, adding dozens of new features, lowering the memory demand, increasing framerates etc. Comparing that with the few tweaks and recompile to make something run in P3d v4 is simply not correct. I am talking about 2 men year that have been invested in this 'update'. That why we do not call it an update. It's a new release, new name etc. 

Of course as always we ONLY charge for the new code, not for files you already paid for. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

As I was nearly finished with my answer when Mathijs posted his, here it comes:

The reason why AS changed their statement that the updates would be for free is because it was decided to not just update the installers (like they did for FSX:SE, P3Dv2 and P3Dv3 for free) but also update the add-ons them self and bring them uo to date (compared to their RL counterpart and from the technological perspective). So you are not paying for the P3Dv4 compatibility, but for the complete update of the add-on.

That update would have happened later on in time anyway, and everyone would have accepted the update fee without any question. 

It is just that at the moment many people don't get the fact, that now the P3Dv4 compatiblity and the add-on update are put into one.

ok then tell me what is the phenomnal update of super mega professional airport EDDF ? to me at daytime it looks the same from cockpit view..dynamic light is not working for some people.and i think the better frames are result of LM creating a 64 bit platform so they increased the perfomance of the whole sim not you.

it doesn´t matter, i will pay for your super professional mega ariports...no matter if i like your politics and the way you deal with critique so don´t worry.

You boys are trying to run a business and not lose your shirts. Understandable. Do what you need to do.

Then, of course, the onus is on you to provide a quality upgrade. I look forward to it.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, vibraman31 said:

ok then tell me what is the phenomnal update of super mega professional airprot EDDF ?

14 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am talking about 2 men year that have been invested in this 'update'.

If you want a list of what was done in those two years you will find a good (but most likely not complete) list on the product page of EDDF v2 Pro...

• Aerosoft
27 minutes ago, vibraman31 said:

ok then tell me what is the phenomnal update of super mega professional airport EDDF ? to me at daytime it looks the same from cockpit view..dynamic light is not working for some people.and i think the better frames are result of LM creating a 64 bit platform so they increased the perfomance of the whole sim not you.

I believe you simply have no idea what is involved with scenery design. If you think this can be done in a few hours of spare time:

• New parking and taxiway layout based in AIPS from March 2016
  • Moving jetways using CTRL+J
  • 3D PAPIS
  • All code (BLGs) compiled with P3D V4 SDK, using new material options and being performance optimised to the new engine
  • All objects optimised for new shadow technology
  • Ground layout including detailed aerial image following P3DV4 SDK
  • Automatic seasonal changes of relevant 3D objects based on V4 scripting variables, also for snowfall outside winter season
  • New, individual ground adaptations to prevent steps at airport borders when using different meshes (e.g. default/FTX Global)
  • New, optimised 3D runway lighting with activation/deactivation based on time of day and weather conditions
  • Apron lamps with new effects and dynamic light
  • Changed AFCAD approaches at Airac 1708

you are seriously mistaken. And yes, P3d V4 is faster, but ONLY when the code created for it is created for THAT specific simulator. If you feed it P3d V3 code as you seem to suggest, it is rather slow. If you feel this update in not worth 5 euro, so be it, then you do not use it. But if you like to discuss the value of what is sold you might first get a better idea of the world involved.  The way you explain things is not very nice towards the people who work for months on these files. 

• Aerosoft

So you make rather strong accusations, do not want to react to my response, probably have not even read why we were forced to change our minds regarding the Airbusses and you call that 1:1. 

Okay, we'll let the other readers to make up their own mind. 

Archived