No Dynamic Lights on new Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional

winstonwolf

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, winstonwolf said:

And forget the Videos from the Producers .

@Rob Ainscough is not the producer of EDDF nor is he affiliated to them. He just knows his sim quite well ;) 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vor 18 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

Have address it to aerosoft, looks like the effects needed are missing. The screens not showing what they show show.

Hello , any  News ?!?! 

• Aerosoft

Can you check if these effects are in the effects folder?

AL_OP-ApronLight1-EDDF.fx
AL_OP-ApronLight1-EDDF-E.fx
AL_OP-ApronSpot1-EDDF.fx
AL_OP-ApronSpot1-EDDF-E.fx
AL_OP-ApronSpotG-EDDF.fx
AL_OP-ApronSpotG-EDDF-E.fx
AL_OP-RWYFlash-EDDF.fx
AL_OP-RWYFlash-EDDF-E.fx

• Developer
vor 2 Stunden , winstonwolf sagte:

Hello , any  News ?!?! 

And please give us the info, which Client Version of P3D V4 you have installed 4.x.x.xxx?

6 hours ago, winstonwolf said:

And forget the Videos from the Producers .

I'll take that as a compliment ;)  but as pointed out, I'm just a user and have no affiliation with Aerosoft other than being one of their customers.  I don't "modify" my videos other than add logos and transitions, as you can see I even included FPS and other performance monitoring values so users or potential users can see what to expect on the performance front.  DL "seemed" to be working for me, but I made the video at dusk not full night, so I'll have to re-check to see if DL is working at night, I'd be surprised if it's not since it was lighting up my aircraft and AI aircraft at dusk, but maybe it's "terminal" specific?

One thing I would recommend for the Aerosoft dev team is to make DL lights optional via the EDDF config tool (this is common practice for several other scenery dev teams) ... DL is extremely GPU intensive and can cause 99-100% utilization even on the best hardware available today.  DL airport option still allows the customer to use/enable DL (for those lovely aircraft and AI aircraft lights) but not have to take the FPS decrease for the airport lighting.  Hopefully LM can figure out how to make DL perform better in the future, but for now DL is extremely GPU intensive especially when using SSAA.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: I should note there is a limit to how many DL specific lights can render per scene, I believe the default is 250 but that can be modified via manual cfg edit.  The 250 limit includes all DL renders (your aircraft, AI aircraft light, airport lights, GSX service vehicle lights, etc. etc.) ... if that limit is exceed then some DL's will not render.  That "might" account for some of the gate/terminal variance?  But again, I didn't test "full" night scenario.

• Developer
vor 12 Minuten, Rob Ainscough sagte:

One thing I would recommend for the Aerosoft dev team is to make DL lights optional via the EDDF config tool (this is common practice for several other scenery dev teams) ... DL is extremely GPU intensive and can cause 99-100% utilization even on the best hardware available today.  DL airport option still allows the customer to use enable DL (for those lovely aircraft and AI aircraft lights) but not have to take the FPS decrease for the airport lighting.  Hopefully LM can figure out how to make DL perform better in the future, but for now DL is extremely GPU intensive especially when using SSAA.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

exactly that is already implemented, based on what you gave as reason for that. Just have a look to the EDDFconfig Tool, there you can uncheck the Apron-Dynamic-Lights, selective for the areas. We have placed over 180 spots, knowing that this is only useable with newest hardware and restrictive setting in AA (8xMSAA).

You and I know, that LM is aware about the performance issues around Dyn.-lights, so we can expect better perfomance in future. P3D Vx is a plattform under development :)

• Aerosoft

Just to show:

Please login to display this image.

I am very pleasantly surprised by the performance (on my 1070 GPU) and can leave all active while flying the CRJ at 30+ fps. Of course at night, when the lights play a role I run very low autogen settings because who need trees that you can't see?

Always adapt the sim to your needs, never ask it to so stuff that you don't see.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

AL_OP-ApronSpot1-EDDF.fx
AL_OP-ApronSpotG-EDDF.fx
AL_OP-RWYFlash-EDDF.fx
AL_OP-RWYFlash-EDDF-E.fx

Hi,

The 8 files are there and P3DV4 Academic client version 4.0.28.21686.

Not sure to understand above threads? It's a P3DV4 limitation that causes DL effects not to work properly?

Skip.

• Aerosoft

The P3d v4 Dynamic Lights limit of 250 should not hinder you at this moment as I doubt you can get add-ons together that exceed that. EDDF has just over 180 and I do not know any aircraft that uses more than 20. So ignore that.

mmmmm.... You could try to disable all but one section and see if the lights work then in that section. For example just one apron.

But the effects files in your folder at least makes sure it is not that. Has to be something else then.  It's a weird issue as it only seems to affect some users, we have never seen it in any of our tests. As far as I can see we now have 18 people reporting it (with over a thousand downloads) so if Oliver does not have a brilliant idea we need to find out what these 18 users have in common. 

vor 5 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

AL_OP-ApronSpot1-EDDF.fx
AL_OP-ApronSpotG-EDDF.fx
AL_OP-RWYFlash-EDDF.fx
AL_OP-RWYFlash-EDDF-E.fx

This Files exist . I use the P3Dv4 4.0.28.21686

vor 45 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

The P3d v4 Dynamic Lights limit of 250 should not hinder you at this moment as I doubt you can get add-ons together that exceed that. EDDF has just over 180 and I do not know any aircraft that uses more than 20. So ignore that.

mmmmm.... You could try to disable all but one section and see if the lights work then in that section. For example just one apron.

But the effects files in your folder at least makes sure it is not that. Has to be something else then.  It's a weird issue as it only seems to affect some users, we have never seen it in any of our tests. As far as I can see we now have 18 people reporting it (with over a thousand downloads) so if Oliver does not have a brilliant idea we need to find out what these 18 users have in common. 

Thanks Mathijs 

I compared Justsim EDDH, EDDL and Aerosoft EDDF and EDDS. Justsim looks in my personal opinion generally better, i don't find any dark airplanes in places where they should not be.  1+2 EDDF , 3 EDDH, 4 EDDS

2 hours ago, OPabst said:

exactly that is already implemented, based on what you gave as reason for that. Just have a look to the EDDFconfig Tool

Oops, sorry I missed the DL label when I checked everything ... didn't realize that was specific to DL.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

EDDF has just over 180 and I do not know any aircraft that uses more than 20. So ignore that.

AI Aircraft will add to that count as will FSDT GSX vehicles, so if one has a lot of AI aircraft with EDDF's 180 it is very possible 250 has been hit ... you can test to see if more lights appear by changing the following:

In Prepar3d.cfg (I don't recall the section off hand)

MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=250
MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=250

You can change the value to anything you like, 500, 1000, etc. 

Cheers, Rob.

• Aerosoft

Ahhh yeah Rob, true that. But setting it to 500 will need some very serious GPU. Setting it to 1000 is recipy for single digits.

Thanks for you comment, it for sure could explain some of the issues as in our tests we tend to use very clean systems to find the issue with the add-on, not with a complex configuration!

3 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Oops, sorry I missed the DL label when I checked everything ... didn't realize that was specific to DL.

AI Aircraft will add to that count as will FSDT GSX vehicles, so if one has a lot of AI aircraft with EDDF's 180 it is very possible 250 has been hit ... you can test to see if more lights appear by changing the following:

In Prepar3d.cfg (I don't recall the section off hand)

MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=250
MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=250

You can change the value to anything you like, 500, 1000, etc. 

Cheers, Rob.

Hi,

I did some teste tonight setting above values to 500 as I have many AI aircraft at EDDF but there's no change. In fact as you can see on the pics enclosed, DL is working but not as it should? 2 pics are without DL set in P3D (CRJ is all black), the 2 other pics are with DL set (CRJ is lightned but it is very weak and the rear part of the aircraft). You also can see that AI Traffic does not impact anything except FPS :-).

Except AI Traffic and GSX, what can impact DL on this airport (I didn't check EDDS yet)? Orbx OPEN_LC Europe with road lights?

Skip.

6 minutes ago, skipy33 said:

Hi,

I did some teste tonight setting above values to 500 as I have many AI aircraft at EDDF but there's no change. In fact as you can see on the pics enclosed, DL is working but not as it should? 2 pics are without DL set in P3D (CRJ is all black), the 2 other pics are with DL set (CRJ is lightned but it is very weak and the rear part of the aircraft). You also can see that AI Traffic does not impact anything except FPS :-).

Except AI Traffic and GSX, what can impact DL on this airport (I didn't check EDDS yet)? Orbx OPEN_LC Europe with road lights?

Skip.

ADDENDUM: No problem with EDDS but smaller airport for sure.

• Deputy Sheriffs

For sure there's variation on what people are seeing. With a 4GB GTX980, here's what I am seeing at EDDF:

Note that not just the aircraft at the gate that are lighted, but the lower portion of the helo and the ground vehicle show DL effect. Granted, frame rates were poor, but that's expected on a 4GB card. The quality is there, the frames will come as LM refines the code.

If anyone is wondering, the aircraft are from the UT Live open beta, version 1.0.0.23. As I noted above, other AI aircraft models may be part of the issues people are having.

I did some night testing in the CRJ at EDDF and as far as I can tell all DL is working as defined by the EDDF config tool.  I did notice that some AI aircraft paints don't work with DL, but that's an issue with AI traffic vendor.  There are a few spots where the DL is a little more subtle and less obvious, but overall the DL seems to be working very well and considering the 180+ DL lights performance is VERY impressive!

I'm uploading a RAW unedited video right now to YouTube, but it's 9GB so it'll take a few hours to uploads and process to 4K.  Will post later when done.

Cheers, Rob

vor 9 Stunden , Rob Ainscough sagte:

Try running the EDDF Config tool "Run As Administrator".

Cheers, Rob.

Hello Rob , 

Its not the Point for "Run as Administrator" because the only thing what the tool makes is to set "off" behind the DL Files in the Scenery Folder . This works with or without "Run as Administrator" 

Hello Everybody , 

Now we discuss the Problem since 2 Days with many recommendations but without Success. But this is my first Discussion about DL.

And sorry for me it dont works alltogether . On some Users more on other users less but overall too dark . 

I have at the same P3Dv4 Installation 5 other Airports from Justsim, OrbX or 29Palms who works perfekt with my Settings and PTA.

Why Aerosoft dont use this technic for DL and why in this threat Aerosoft would let the users do endless Tests ? 

For me its an Aerosoft Problem. 

Please Mathijs and Rob , show us the Screenshots from Aerosoft , Show us Screenshots how the DL works on your Computers. You say on your Side in the Tests it works perfectly. I want to see this. 

Whats about EDDS ? Is there the same Problem ?

And what you say about this Point i posted a little time bevore in this Discussion . 

The DL works not perfect but it works on the Parking Positions V120 - V129 ( Means in Config Tool Apron East ) . See Attachements . But the Gates dont work . Sorry but i dont let me tell from you that there is something wrong with my Settings. 

Also you see on the original Fotos that on EDDF its like Day when there is night . 

For me the DL in Frankfurt works but its much too dark on the Gates . Its ok only at the Positions V120-V129. 

One info , you can only Test if DL works after 10.00 PM , better 11.00 PM . Bevore you have somtimes more natural light. 

My Question after 2 days you let us user test all the things - whtas the next step ?!?!? 

Michael 

Archived