SimStarter's starting positions in P3Dv4

StewH

Greetings!

I have begun installing a few 3rd party airports into P3Dv4 which are installed by the Addon.XML method.  However, even after refreshing the airports list, SimStarter's list of starting positions for the airport in question is not correct, at least as compared to what P3D lists them to be.  Is there a solution to this that I'm missing?

Thank you for any advice you may have.

Stew

1 hour ago, Capt. PERO said:

You missed nothing. NG should read add-on.xml files as well. I double check soon (will take some days).

Thanks for using SIMstarter NG.

Thank you, sir.  I thought that should be the case.  But I wonder:  If the newly installed (3rd party) airport isn't also in the scenery.cfg file, will SimStarter NG simply miss it and use the default airport's starting positions instead of those of the 3rd party airport?

And you're welcome.  I have enjoyed using your program for both FSX and P3Dv4.  Also, I assume we will soon have the ability to assign addon airports to different profiles, as was the case before P3Dv4?  As it stands at the moment, the user is not able to do this, so that a new addon airport is installed in all profiles, regardless of where the user would like it to be placed.

• Developer

Hi Stew,

we just double checked that add-on.xml files will be included in the makeRwys export. SIMstarter NG creates a dummy scenery.cfg that will be used just for makeRwys. After the makeRwys process it will reverted to the normal scenery.cfg thats the reason why you don't see anything.

Please click "Refresh airport information by running MakeRwys" and see if the starting positions have changed.

12 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

Hi Stew,

we just double checked that add-on.xml files will be included in the makeRwys export. SIMstarter NG creates a dummy scenery.cfg that will be used just for makeRwys. After the makeRwys process it will reverted to the normal scenery.cfg thats the reason why you don't see anything.

Please click "Refresh airport information by running MakeRwys" and see if the starting positions have changed.

Thank you for the suggestion.  As it turns out, the problem was rather trivial.  The two programs, SimStarter and P3D, list the starting positions in different ordered lists.  All the starting positions are identical, except the order of listing of them is different in the two programs, so it wasn't a problem at all! 

Best Regards,

Stew

Archived