Question on Payload PFPX & PMDG FMC

Hi all,

I'm still newbie with PFPX but I already could plan my first flights with PFPX & TOPCAT. I have just one question regarding random payload when planning a flight. As you all know, PFPX plans the payload randomly with a number of adults and considers childrens in the calculation too. But if I look into the PMDG737NGX FMC I only can enter adults in my opinion as passengers. To my understanding, if I would use the random payload of PFPX and when I enter in FMC the number of passengers, I would only consider adult to my understanding for PMDG FMC calculations.

Now my question, where can I configure PFPX that the random payload only calculates with adults and what would be the correct workflow in PMDG to get the PFPX random payload correctly entered & calculated?

Would be very kind to receive answers and support to my questions.

Thanks a lot and I'm looking forward hearing from you.

kind regards

thydney

As the PMDG FMC's handle load distribution anyway I enter the ZFW from PFPX and not pax/cargo.

Using this method alleviates the different weights per pax, baggage etc used by the various aircraft publishers.

I'll second what Stephen said. Just use the the ZFW. What PMDG doesn't allow for is different variations of cabins in the NGX. So sometimes there isn't even enough seats in the cabin, depending on which airline you are using.

Using the ZFW figure from PFPX is giving you the total weight of pax+cargo, so it means you don't need to mess about with individual passenger weights. Either way, it will never be 100% accurate as passenger weights are calculated on an average basis.

Archived