Further systems refinement? (Frank, do NOT read this ;-) )

Cheyenne Chief Pilot

Having noticed the level of detail to which a lot of CRJ systems have been developed already, is it correct to assume that some more work will be done on systems like hydraulics, bleeds and pressurization? It's cool to have all the bells and whistles associated with ice detection, protection and de-icing, for example, but wouldn't it be even cooler if we could also "really" switch hydraulics, bleeds, and packs off, instead of having "just" the clickspots, messages, and synoptic indications? In a SP1, maybe?

(No, Frank, I'm not talking about extensive failure modelling and abnormal procedures, just some more consequences of pilots' actions and a few more details during power-up and power-down of the CRJ. I mean, in the Airbus, at least fuel consumption stops, when you switch off the pumps ...   ;-)   )

13 minutes ago, Motormike said:

I would pay for it as an additional upgrade

For the "small print" mentioned above certainly but, IMO, not for the stuff I was referring to: The CRJ already is 25% to 28% more expensive than the AS Airbus ...

Archived