How to drive faster?

I have installed A320 airbus aerosoft, and I see that there is a limit speed, when I am 35000 ft, the max speed is 270 kts, and it is too slow, when in the real life, the planes fly to 450 kts at this altitude, so, how can I fly more fast? What file have I to modify? Thanks

There are three different ways to measure speed, all of them being important.

The 270 knots you mentioned is the so called Indicated Air Speed (IAS).

Indicated airspeed (IAS) is the airspeed read directly from the airspeed indicator (ASI) on an aircraft, driven by the pitot-static system.[1] It uses the difference between total pressure and static pressure, provided by that system, to either mechanically or electronically measure dynamic pressure. The dynamic pressure includes terms for both density and airspeed. Since the airspeed indicator cannot know density, it is by design calibrated to assume the sea level standard atmospheric density when calculating airspeed.

Source: Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indicated_airspeed)

I strongly recommend you to search for a youtube video or read the Wikipedia to this topic as it's quite difficult to understand at first.

The second way to measure airspeed you mentioned is the Ground Speed (GS). This basically means, how fast are you moving relative to the Ground. This is also the speed, that is used in order to create a Estimated Arrival Time. 

You can see the GS on the Navigation Display in the top left corner. Beside there is the True Air Speed (TAS), which is the third way to measure speeds. Maybe this video will help you to understand the difference between TAS and GS.

Please login to display this image.

Lets say, you are maintaining a speed of 250 knots (indicated airspeed), but you are climbing further and further. The air density in the atmosphere gets lower and lower, resulting in a higher and higher Ground Speed, due to the loss of air drag. You can try this out for yourself, and you will see the GS rise.

However, if you still have any questions, just ask, because it's quite important to know and it sounds a bit complicated at the beginning, but it actually isn't. 

Archived