The Yoke Issue (CRJ-700 P3DV4)

JRBarrett

During pre-release testing I never saw the problem with the yoke not hiding when the speed placard is clicked, although others had the issue. I was concentrating almost exclusively on the 900 version.

Since release, I have been flying the 700 quite a bit, and unfortunately I do have this problem - but only with certain liveries. I always start cold-and-dark, with the P3DV4 Maule as my default aircraft.

When I load the Delta CRJ-700 livery N367CA, the yoke-hiding problem is present 9 out of 10 times Clicking on the speed placard causes the yoke to flicker - but it never disappears. Every so often it will work in the Delta 700, but it usually fails.

On the other hand, the United Express livery N770SK never has the problem. The yoke disappears every time without fail. (I always exit from the P3D completely and re-start before changing aircraft by the way).

Out of curiosity I examined the texture folders for the two aircraft, and I do see one difference. The Delta folder (that gives the yoke-hiding bug), has a texture that is not found in the United Express: "CRJ_MAINPANEL_L.dds". I opened this file with a .dds texture viewer utility, and it appears to contain a couple of images of the night-lighted speed placard.

I'm not saying this is definitely the cause of the problem - I may be entirely "auf dem Holzweg", but it is interesting that the texture file contains the very placard image that must be clicked upon to initiate the yoke-hiding function.

What is more intriguing to me is the fact that only some of the CRJ-700 livery folders contain this additional cockpit panel texture.

Jim Barrett   

Hmmm, interesting, I only fly the UA Express livery, CRJ700 and get this issue often if I load any other default plane than the Piper Cub and don't click the placard within seconds after the yoke "comes alive" during initialization.

P3Dv4, 1.0.0.5c

Bill Barrette

48 minutes ago, beachdog2001 said:

Hmmm, interesting, I only fly the UA Express livery, CRJ700 and get this issue often if I load any other default plane than the Piper Cub and don't click the placard within seconds after the yoke "comes alive" during initialization.

P3Dv4, 1.0.0.5c

Bill Barrette

Yeah, I really don't think the extra texture is the cause of the problem - but thought I'd mention it. SOMEthing in the Delta vs. United liveries affects the yoke hide on my system.

Just to mix things further, clicking the speed placard works in American Eagle livery and removes the yoke but not in United Express - which only twitches.  I haven't tried any others.

As consolation, if I go to vehicle/instrument panel/, select Captain's MCDU that view allows access to the nav source button.

Archived