Interior Lights won't stay on

I've search the forum and found a few complaints about the interior lights that were fixed by turning on the INTEG light switch on the center pedestal.

This does, indeed, turn on the panel back lighting (the glow behind the switches), however I cannot get any the "Dome" lights to stay on.  Turning on any dome light, or the captain side floor light, and the light turns on for a second, then immediately shuts off.

No amount of cycling the switches seems to help.  Dome light comes on for a sec, then goes out.

Any ideas?

Complete uninstall of the Aerosoft CRJ package.  All antivirus disabled.  Restart.  Install a freshly downloaded copy.

Still have the issue.  Any of the flood lights (Floor, overhead switch, etc) I turn on will turn off after a second or two.  The switch itself does not move.

Fort those having this issue... please be sure that you had your computer security (including Windows Defender) disabled before running the installer, and that you run the installer "As Administrator".  It is also very important that you ensure you have no other software applications running when you run the installer.

As I don't have the "installer version", but a manually installed aircraft, I'm not sure if the C++ Redistributable 2015 is installed during the installation and/or if the installer checks for the presence of the software and skips it if it's already installed.  If you don't have it installed then please be sure you have this installed. You can use Google to find the Microsoft Download site.  If you do have it installed, you might ry uninstalling it from the WIndows Control Panel and re-installing it.  There is a C++ Redistrubtable checker, but I'm not confident it works for 2015 so I would use the manual installation of the software.

Anyway, give this a try and see if it helps, as I can confirm the problem isn't with the CRJ software.

Be sure to post here how you make out.

Best wishes.

6 hours ago, Shivam3005 said:

I seem to be having a similar issue. Can turn on the integral lights but nothing else. I am running on P3D V3.4. The floor, flood lights have no effect.

Do you have dynamic lights switched off? That would be an explanation.

8 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Do you have dynamic lights switched off? That would be an explanation.

No it is on.

8 hours ago, Motormike said:

I had a similar problem with cockpit lighting. But that was settings fault in PTA.  

What setting in PTA was affecting the lighting? Is this for P3D V3.4?

14 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Fort those having this issue... please be sure that you had your computer security (including Windows Defender) disabled before running the installer, and that you run the installer "As Administrator".  It is also very important that you ensure you have no other software applications running when you run the installer.

As I don't have the "installer version", but a manually installed aircraft, I'm not sure if the C++ Redistributable 2015 is installed during the installation and/or if the installer checks for the presence of the software and skips it if it's already installed.  If you don't have it installed then please be sure you have this installed. You can use Google to find the Microsoft Download site.  If you do have it installed, you might ry uninstalling it from the WIndows Control Panel and re-installing it.  There is a C++ Redistrubtable checker, but I'm not confident it works for 2015 so I would use the manual installation of the software.

Anyway, give this a try and see if it helps, as I can confirm the problem isn't with the CRJ software.

Be sure to post here how you make out.

Best wishes.

So, I followed your advice and no changes. I also realized, based on some YouTube videos I saw, I don't have an option to scroll the map lights as others do. Really weird. 

Archived