Some questions

Hi,

I am most impressed by this excellent Aerosoft addon.But there are some questions:

1)Weather radar:I have the P3Dv4 weather addon for my P3Dv4.Yet in the CRJ I rarely see any weather.I have occasionally seen some green returns,but that is all.

In other addons,I know that the weather I have seen would certainly have given me a lot more radar returns

2)TCAS:I have yet to see any radar targets on my TCAS.My TCAS is ON,below or normal or above is set,I pushed the TCAS button on the left side panel,but nothing.

Yet there is plenty of traffic around on my FSNavigator program.I also own a AI program (Traffic 360) and my airports are full of AI planes.Also on the Nav screen there

is a persistent TCAS off message.Maybe I am doing something wrong here?

3)PFD:while doing ILS approaches,while the primary crossbars indicate correct deviations left,right,above or below the normal  path,it seems to me that the lower part of

the PFD with its circular compass rose gives the reverse localiser indications:when I am left of the localiser it shows left of center,when right,right of center.

If anyone can correct me on these observations,please do,I would welcome any advise.

Regarding the weather radar, if you don't cross any loud precipitation, it will not returns anything. Anyway you can play with the gain and/or tilt knobs.

On many aircrafts wx radars are bullshit. Some others publishers add a 'colored-weather-toy--for-kids' options like Flight Factor.

Why doesn't the test mode work on the radar? there should be colored bands on the FMC to show that it is working. I got no test mode, and no weather display regardless what mode, gain or tilt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/08/2017 at 10:32 PM, bhorv67 said:

Why doesn't the test mode work on the radar? there should be colored bands on the FMC to show that it is working. I got no test mode, and no weather display regardless what mode, gain or tilt.

I noticed that also, but anyway it's never simulated, it's just a picture, wx radar will still work :)

Archived