Mathijs Kok

Antonov An-2 preview (released)

Hi there - if you may allow, I have a suggestion for a livery: take a look on D-FOKY. A feast for the eyes in white and blue. :-) Eventually this could make it necessary to create an own 3d-model - cause of the halfdome-window on starboard - but the effort should be worth the price.

Friendly Regards - thebulletproofvegan

"If it is not vegan - it is not acceptable any longer!"

40 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

Build me one that does 230 kias and I may be interested. ;)

slew mode will make you go even faster

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jeroen Doorman said:

slew mode will make you go even faster

Why don't you people let Aerosoft get on with the job of getting the product released before you want  repaints and all these other fancy things

• Upvote 1

In fact, this plane is very good fly, I have 200 hours Yun-5B (base on an-2) type rating. Excellent performance, handling is very comfortable.

On 14/11/2017 at 6:40 AM, Peter Young said:

In fact, this plane is very good fly, I have 200 hours Yun-5B (base on an-2) type rating. Excellent performance, handling is very comfortable.

I have never heard anybody praising the An-2 for it's performance....  

I'm not quite attracted to this airplane but it always amazes me, it certainly has a presence. I love the whining noise just before the engine starts (a starter motor perhaps?), and I had the chance to go on a spraying flight once and it was just amazing to fly so low, so slow. And it was a cabrio as the front upper glass panel was missing haha :) A lot of them are still active in Hungary, they are reliable workhorses. I've just read a documentary book from 1982 about agricultural flying in Hungary where someone said "oh they will be used here until 2000 for sure" - and here we are in 2017 still using them. I'd be happy if at least one Hungarian registration would make it in the original version. How will you manage the startup where in the video they hold one button and press 2 others immediately?

20160621_182906.thumb.jpg.0246896f14e51f1a71050a06cc1dc021.jpg20160621_183348.thumb.jpg.31d26ffde866e351f32d010e1d4c0dcd.jpg

• Upvote 1

Talking about immersion... And do I spot the new MAA scenery at the background? :)

Wow last previews? Are we really close to a release? This will be a great christmas present. Hope it gets here in time!

Nice Video. Wow! Love the movement of the gear and whole aircraft at 0:26.

40 minutes ago, rapsta said:

Nice Video. Wow! Love the movement of the gear and whole aircraft at 0:26.

not sure if that's the plane or ezdok doing that :)

This is a very exciting project, thank you Mathijs and Aerosoft team for this wonderful aircraft. Looks much nicer than the current other payware offering. 

But there is a good many years between the two.... if would be bad if it would not be better in almost any aspect.