How to disable Pre-Define Views

Is there a way to disabled these pre-defined views? Especially the Ctrl + Shift + Number?

I have these Ctrl + Shift + Num. assigned to different Ezdok views using a Logitech G13 and it has messed up my view system.

Even if I have to comment them out on the aircraft.cfg or panel.cfg

PRE-DEFINED VIEWS
The CRJ700 / CRJ900 has limited 2d-panels. Instead a set of pre-defined views is available which are like a 2d-
panel. The following list shows the available views and their respective key assignment / hot key. Of course,
these views can be undocked and moved to other monitors.
You can click all the displays to undock them to 2d panels.
Hot Key View
Shift + 1 Captain’s VFR View
Shift + 2 CPT Overhead Panel
Shift + 3 CPT Standard View
Shift + 4 CPT FCP (Autopilot)
Shift + 5 CPT Full Panel (like CPT Standard with CDU in view additionally)
Shift + 6 CPT MCDU
Shift + 7 CPT Engine Controls
Shift + 8 CPT Centre Console
Shift + 9 MCDU Popup window
Ctrl + Plus MFD decrease range (CPT)
Ctrl + Minus MFD increase range (CPT)
Shift + Q Toggle HUD
Ctrl + W Toggle HGS
F10 Overhead Panel (like a 2d panel)
F11 FCP (like a 2d panel)
F12 MCDU (like a 2D panel with PFD/MFD in view)
Ctrl + Shift + 1 Toggle MCDU Keyboard Input (CPT)
Ctrl + Shift + 2 Toggle MCDU Keyboard Input (FO)
Ctrl + Shift + 3 Switch MFD to HSI format
Ctrl + Shift + 4 Switch MFD to NAV format
Ctrl + Shift + 5 Switch MFD to MAP format
Ctrl + Shift + 6 Switch MFD to PLAN format
Ctrl + Shift + 7 Switch MFD to TCAS format
Ctrl + Shift + 8 Switch MFD to WXR format

This way you can only disable the F9-F12 keys. But the [Ctrl]-[Shift]-X keys are probably hard-coded in the CRJ library DLL.  It would be really great if we could disable these keys in the CRJ-Manager.

5 hours ago, jancg said:

This way you can only disable the F9-F12 keys. But the [Ctrl]-[Shift]-X keys are probably hard-coded in the CRJ library DLL.  It would be really great if we could disable these keys in the CRJ-Manager.

Indeed it would be really nice if we can disabled the view system or these [Ctrl]-[Shift]-X keys via "Dave". Something more or less similar to what the Aerosoft Airbus A-3XX series has. Hopefully they take it under consideration.

Thanks.

On 8/9/2017 at 3:44 PM, Samaritano said:

Indeed it would be really nice if we can disabled the view system or these [Ctrl]-[Shift]-X keys via "Dave". 

As far as I'm concerned it will be a definite feature :D

Seriously:
I use the Ctrl-Shift-1/9 and F1/F9 keystrokes exclusively for my EzDok views.
It would require me to change those EzDok keystrokes of all my other aircraft just because the CRJ is 'claiming' them.
So yes: Please make them configurable (like others devs do)

Have the team considered adding an option to disable the Ctrl + Shift + Num. for us that don't have a Hat switch and depend on Ezdok programmed views via a Logitech G13?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

At this moment we are not considering any change to views, sorry.

How about a method to disable the Ctrl + Shift + Num? Those are the ones I'm having an issue with.

Hi Mathijs,

Please then consider an option to disable/bypass the use of Ctrl-Shift-? in the CRJ.

For me (and most likely for others too, based on AVSIM postings) it is really a big issue.
The CRJ has claimed these key-strokes leaving them useless for use in other applications like EzDok, ChasePlane etc.

As explained I use the key-strokes in EzDok to assign them to custom views in dozens of other aircraft.

Just because of the CRJ I have to remap all those key-strokes to other ones. Very tedious and in my opinion also unnecessary.

Egbert

I also really dislike this "whatever" new view system created for the CRJ. I understand that it might be a minor thing for many costumers but then, I ask myself why not keeping an option to use it as default, just like the AS Airbus (which is by the way, my favorite add on of all times).

It's the only killing thing for me right now, despite of the little bugs, which is normal for any new released add on. 

I hope that somehow, using the default method for views and 2D panels is considered ! <_<

Fabio Darolt

Hi, Mathijs ! I've already tried on my way... It didn't work.

I'm pretty sure I've checked different topics and couldn't find how to do it... I obviously created a Backup from original "Aircraft.cfg" and "Panel.cfg", deleted all views instead of simply deleting "Hotkey" commands. No success.... 

From Shift + 1 to Shift + 8, there's still a bind to VC views........

I'll try again !

Archived